the Rift

[PRIVATE] This distance between us, oh honey, it's not so very far. [Sun and Moon]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

The God waved a fiery wing and beckoned Meg away from the lavender lady and her child. He could sense her care for Mesec just as easily as her distrust, but presumably like Mesec, the God was glad that the Sunspear had held her tongue.

"Your calls never disturb me, Megeara." He offered consolingly as the pair drifted farther away from mother and son. "Better to be sure of oneself than to jump unprepared into the fire." He added with a deft nod of his gracefully horned head. And he meant it too. For all who dwelled in his herd - and elsewhere - he would always praise preparation and confidence over rashness. It didn't due to be the first to reach the prize, if you were ill prepared to grab it. In this - and in many things - Meg had not disappointed him.

Her final quest gave him pause, and the God halted his long strides to consider her carefully. His molten gaze seemed to spiral into a burning infinity as it fell upon and inside of her mind. Quietly he sighed, parting his lips thoughtfully before closing them again and regarding the ruined shrines that they had just come away from.

"My kin and I have no one to turn to when we encounter a problem, you know. We only have each other. Our strengths, our weaknesses, and our disagreements must all be blended. As a lead you are not so very different. Many look to you for guidance, for decision making. While I will always be here for you, I am not a crutch. I will offer words of encouragement, but do not weaken yourself on them. There is much inside of you Meg, much to be proud of, to fall back on. In many things you do not require my judgement, my council, for that which is at your disposal is more than adequate."

The God's gaze was soft as he spoke. He was not chastising her want to to palaver with him, but the extent to which their discussions stemmed from her second guessing herself. It was true that he would always be there when she needed him, but he wanted her to see that she really didn't need him as much as she thought.

The God waved a wing and a golden spear appeared, hovering in the air. "You are Megaera the Sunspear, are you not?" He smiled and the spear dropped onto the rocky ground point-first, right before Meg. "Then fly true. For you are my Sunspear, and my aim has never faltered. "

With a final flashing smile and nod of his chiseled skull, the God disappeared in a flash of flame, leaving Meg with her thoughts, and her spear.

CREDITS

Congrats! Update the records for your spear!

Messages In This Thread
RE: This distance between us, oh honey, it's not so very far. [Sun and Moon] - by God of the Sun - 05-02-2016, 02:47 PM