the Rift

[PRIVATE] How Can I Explain?

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
knox

When the magic doesn't work, when the teeth snap, when the wide eyes stare and the words accuse--he feels the cold. It slams up against him, sudden, and Knox remembers that Birdsong is not yet over. The sinister Frostfall wind persists. He cannot escape the suffocation of ice's hard scent, of dawn's killing frosts.

He cannot escape, either, this situation.

Though it is not the Commander's mind that falters, it is Cem's face that appears flustered. She barks the question for his name so quickly that it spills out of him, entirely out of his control. Knox is shivering; Cem is utterly ashamed.

"I am Cem." He almost says "I am sorry." It is a miracle he does not say "I am Knox."

"Forgive the use of magic, it was one lent to me for this purpose alone. I only thought..." he pauses, appearing to consider how to go on but in actuality swallowing his shock, trying to overcome the appearance of the mare's teeth. Yes, she may have saved Milo, but... this mare closed her jaws over his son?

And he was comforted?

"I come from the Hidden Falls. I had hoped to lead you there, but did not expect you to follow willingly. Many run at the sight of a stranger, particularly in these woods." He tries to remember the name of this mare as his son pronounced it but fails, and isn't sure if Milo was right to begin with. How can a boy who barely uses his voice be trusted with the pronunciation of such a foreign set of sounds? "You saved a child belonging to our herd in the heart caves. I only hoped to offer thanks, and perhaps a place among our ranks, as a reward for your heroism."

Knox's hoof, cloaked in the white mask, scrapes along the earth but he otherwise stands quite still. He attempts to keep his expression plain, to hide the conflicting thoughts. Is it really heroism if Milo was simply a fool? Is it really wise to offer a monster a place in his herd, beside his son? Is he really caring about Milo, now of all times? And what the hell is the mare's name? How do you say it?

How is he meant to recover so quickly from such utter failure at the thing he does best?

""
Heavy is the heart
that beats beneath the corpse of its love.
Heavy is the mind now abandoned by its crutches.
image | coding

@Aquila sorry I just wanted to get something up for you sorry it is late ahhh

Messages In This Thread
How Can I Explain? - by Knox - 04-17-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Aquila - 04-17-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Knox - 04-19-2016, 07:54 PM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Aquila - 04-29-2016, 10:03 AM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Knox - 04-30-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Aquila - 05-11-2016, 05:33 PM