the Rift

[PRIVATE] How Can I Explain?

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty
The tall, pale soldier reveals the child’s true name, and the seahorse cocks her finned (now slowly bleeding from her injury) head. “Milo?” her throaty voice repeats the child’s name, sounding it in her sharp teeth, thinking over it, before slightly shaking her head and continuing, “Kahelo is a better name.” He ridged face dips slightly, as if affirming her own judgment of names. The grey colt would remain Kahelo to her— he didn’t seem adverse to the name in the caves. In fact, he almost seemed to like it— the warm feeling that plagued her in the caves returns to her chest, and she shoves it aside to focus on whatever Cem is saying next.

"The boy speaks rarely, and only to a few that he has known for some time. I'm not certain of a name for the condition.” Again, the woman's head cocks, but this time to the other side. Ridged brows raise as unblinking eyes watch the man speak, “I call it ‘wisdom,’” her rough voice names Kahelo’s silence, “It is wise to hold your tongue if you do not know who you speak with.” Indeed, a soldier’s actions are worth much more than her words, and so she strongly feels her defense of the child’s silence. (But why is she defending him?)

Sharp, staring eyes watch his mouth struggle with her name before returning to stare at his age-lined eyes as he offers her a home in his ‘Hidden Falls.’ “We consider our fellow herd mates to be like family.” A visible flinch passes through her plated, brightly striped skin— a soft glow flaring once from her aqua, so great was her sudden shame. Akvo had been her family.

And now she was alone. She had failed them.

Scaled ears tilt backwards, shame strangely lining her alien, ridged face. But, despite the sudden guilt brought about by the man’s words, she speaks, “I’ll see your healers. If your ‘Hidden Falls’ is fitting for an Akvian, then I may stay.” Her throaty voice is hollow, deadened after so much anger had laced it before.
men have drowned
in seas such as these

@Knox we can start a thread in the Falls?

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Messages In This Thread
How Can I Explain? - by Knox - 04-17-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Aquila - 04-17-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Knox - 04-19-2016, 07:54 PM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Aquila - 04-29-2016, 10:03 AM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Knox - 04-30-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: How Can I Explain? - by Aquila - 05-11-2016, 05:33 PM