[PRIVATE] you'll come back when they call you

Asavvi Posts: 41
Absent Abyss
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 :: 2
Laine

Asavvi
No kiss, no gentle word could wake me from this slumber
Until I realize that it was you who held me under

The Sun ruled here, even as it did in the Dragon's Throat, but there was something so foreign about this place. On her island home the sands rose and fell in ever-shifting waves. broken by the oasis and the constant movement of bodies; it was as much an ocean as the waters surrounding it, full of all the pulsing, heaving life, all the violence of it. Here all was calm and though there was water and sand, all that she saw was light. The silence, the stillness,  sewn together as seamless and the earth and sky, oh to Asavvi this was paradise.

War. Her mother had told her that even as Asavvi and her brother had been only a stirring in Megaera’s womb, their mother had seen the Sun do battle here. Asavvi did not recall those memories, even though the tickled on the edge of her senses, she willfully shut them out. She had seen war, had stood amidst battlefields that spanned generations. From the first she had seen in the Labyrinth, she called them up again and again, wherever she could find them, trying to understand what her mother and father must know. IT was too much, she didn’t want to see anymore. They said ‘sacrifice’. They said ‘honor’. They said ‘glory’. All Asavvi had seen was pain.

Here in the the flats she could forget that. here she could just stand, surrounded by salt and sky, and wait for the sun to go down. The stars would come out then, the brilliance of the heavenly canvas reflected in the shallow waters. Stars upon start and she would add hers to throng and there, she knew, would be true glory: an angelic anthem of silent light. In the morning she would make her way home again (just because she didn’t always understand her family didn’t mean that she did not love them dearly) but first she would wait. Yes, she would wait.

Photo and Table by Time

Messages In This Thread
you'll come back when they call you - by Asavvi - 04-18-2016, 10:39 PM
RE: you'll come back when they call you - by NPC - 04-21-2016, 03:50 PM