the Rift

The summer's gone, and all the roses falling,

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

As I watch the unnamed best I dare not hold my breath and carefully begin the process of tucking away this new found emotion somewhere dark and far away from my conscious mind. Loneliness is not an obstacle I have encountered often in my young life, now do not mistake my meaning as I have generally been alone. A friend to none and known to many. For a solitary beat of my heart I succumb to the wistful longing building and imagine a world very much like that of my youth. In an instant, a memory laden and painful instant, images flash across my mind’s eye. A little girl smiling and nearly skipping in anticipation of the day’s upcoming adventure, wind tossing blackened tuffs of growing hair around her face. Her brother, Tausret, is taking her to observe the birds by the coast in all their winged glory. Soft blue eyes take in the sights on their way down to the cliffs where the birds live, glimmering brightly in open excitement; she has always loved the birds.

His singular response is what rips my soul back to this awful place where nothing is as my mind only seconds ago saw it to be.

Nothing passes through tightly locked inky lips and the fight to stow away the burgeoning sensation of actual loneliness is beginning to fail. Considering my numerous travels and what some would call adventures (how could I compare them to the idyllic days of my childhood?) one might call me a liar for announcing the lack of loneliness. It is never easy to banish emotions and memories to a place where the light will never shine on those dusty boxes. The more you are alone, however, the easier it becomes to shed one skin in favor for another.

Cerulean eyes now bearing unmasked sorrow glance to the woods beyond him while the crack is sealed in the wall and the light dims on several dusty boxes.

He speaks softly and my distracted ears strain to catch his words but soon I note how his language has changed; the lilting tones deceptively soothing despite the curtness. Charcoal lips move from their rigid pose and begin to speak even as eyes now safely masked follow his retreating form. “Truth, above all else.” A rule from the past held close to a tightly bound chest. I have been, by nature of my mission to find my brother, forced to do much to gain information but not once has a lie ever crossed these lips. Truthfully, his accusation wounds; Keep yourself tucked away Another phrase from a now dead mouth appears in my head and I struggle to obey as shimmering eyes turn to peer upon the nose being cautiously presented. Simultaneously a growingly familiar voice offers a return on an earlier gesture and unmasked features tilt into the barest of smiles. Sensing the need to confirm the identities spoken I raise that same half-socked leg to myself and speak,  “Vu” before extending an onyx hoof to her while saying, “Hildegunn?”

It is then that a cerulean gaze catches the flight of a sparrow and hope threatens to carve its way out of my soul. A soft voice reaches out while I gesture to the same path the unnamed fled down, “Follow him?” Despite his accusations I will see him safe; his present state worries at my conscious and I begin to slowly track after him, hoping Hildegunn understands and join in my pursuit.

"speech"

OOC:Vu leaves too. <3 

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
RE: The summer's gone, and all the roses falling, - by Vu - 05-04-2016, 07:24 PM