the Rift

[PRIVATE] Nothing Left to Say

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Edison wheeled overhead, his gaze switching from the peaceful ghost to focus on the two owls that circled him with their judgmental eyes. Images of the dark and pale bodies against the inky cobalt of the night sky flashed against the glass panes I had up between our minds, I could easily take them down if the need arose, but I had little interest in the antics of the trio. A squealing screech erupted from the sharp, piercing beak of the kite as he spun out towards the darker avian. Talons outstretched as a strangely playful light sparked in his dark eyes. It wasn't long before they were rolling around in the cool night and I was able to focus instead on the adult conversation on the snowy ground below them.

Moon eyes watched the spotted stallion carefully as he looked at me and then past me, only to focus back in on me for a moment before looking up to the sky, his silver eyes closing tight against the world as a small sad smile crept across his pristine features. "Mauja." Monochromatic eyes widened with surprise for a second before I was able to regain my composure. Memories from my childhood flashed back to the front of my mind, the rush of emotions distracting the kite from his games, images of my father and this ghost standing in the distance as Sacre and I rolled around as foolish young colts did when there wasn't a worry in the world. Of course, the memories were blurry and smudged as if they had been hand painted while being described to me by my twin who was gifted with sight.

I swallowed hard, pushing the conscious of the bird of prey out of my mind so I could wallow in the emotions on my own for a second. He knew my father, and knew my father well enough to have been a presence in the background of many of my childhood memories. Of course then he had just been a passing character, someone to fill the background of the vivid images that had been spun by my brother's magical words. "I'm a friend of your father's."

The cold world around me shattered like a windshield tapped by a window breaker. I could see the cracks creeping across my vision as everything blurred momentarily, moon eyes slamming shut to fight back the strong emotions that were dangerously close to the surface. Ebony dipped ears flicked back into travel tangled tresses as a blast of steam erupted from my delicate nostrils, forcing the emotion from my body before I dared to pull lids away from my vision impaired eyes. "I...he's gone. Sacre too. And Kou....mom's dead.." A shiver passed over my bloodied coat before I was able to fully get my emotions in check, a rattling sigh slipping from between my midnight stained lips as I attempted to get my vocal chords to work again. "And Aviya she's dead too. I'm the only one left Mauja. How did that happen?" Was I cursed? Did the gods think it was funny to make me suffer a life without my family?

"Talk?"
roux
am I just paranoid?
or am I just stoned
@Mauja
image credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla