the Rift

[PRIVATE] Nothing Left to Say
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
Everything was quiet—still—frozen. Winter had settled in the bones of the world, dug deeper and deeper, until everything had slowed, heartbeats, thoughts, life. There, in the darkness behind his closed eyelids, he heard his heart boom out the passage of time. Each pulse thundered through his body, fierce, so alive.

It was strange to know that this song was quiet in the chests of so many he had loved while it would never cease in his. He would sing his song of life for an eternity.

Perhaps one day he would know rest. Perhaps one day, the God and he would let his bones fall to the earth, and his flesh rot, until all that was left of him was memory and dust. Perhaps one day, he would know silence.

He swallowed. It didn't matter if he had a lifetime or three or a hundred. Would any of them ever be the same as this first one? Where he had been fresh and lost, innocent and naive, loving carelessly, dreaming of glory and great things and steeping himself in blood—

It didn't matter how many lifetimes he had, when d'Artagnan had only ever shared this one. He would die, but Mauja would go on, until everything had become a vague memory: his hesitant emotions for Psyche, Snö, Lotus' abuse and Tamlin's birth, the invasion of the Qian... Twenty years from now, would the love in his heart burn as brightly? Would the new lives surrounding him still matter?

"I...he's gone. Sacre too. And Kou....mom's dead.." Roux's voice was a hesitant, trembling thing in the darkness, a gust of wind trying to be heard over the thunder of Mauja's heart—but hear he did, and one eye slipped open to watch the younger stallion shudder. As he went on, he seemed steadier, and spared Mauja the pain of having to add Aviya's name to that list. He let out a sigh of his own, and blinked the tears from the corners of his eyes. Already he could feel them freezing on his lashes.

"I know," he said softly, white smoke rising towards the distant, beautiful sky. (Why is it always under stars?) "The longer you live, the more you lose." Pale shoulders moved in a slight shrug as he took a step forward, long tail trailing upon the snow's surface. Above, the owl and the kite rolled through the darkness, but down here, gravity pulled hearts close to the ground. "But," he went on, watching the silver moonlight glittering upon the world, "you are wrong about one thing. Sacre has returned. He's at the Edge."

Perhaps it would be some comfort, a small light in the vast darkness of the world.

[ @Roux <3 ]
man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
Nothing Left to Say - by Roux - 04-20-2016, 06:46 AM
RE: Nothing Left to Say - by Mauja - 04-30-2016, 05:34 AM
RE: Nothing Left to Say - by Roux - 05-02-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: Nothing Left to Say - by Mauja - 05-30-2016, 04:49 AM
RE: Nothing Left to Say - by Roux - 06-15-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Nothing Left to Say - by Mauja - 06-18-2016, 06:08 AM
RE: Nothing Left to Say - by Blu - 09-10-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: Nothing Left to Say - by Roux - 09-10-2016, 03:34 PM