the Rift

[PRIVATE] Nothing Left to Say

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper

Edison's enthusiastic emotions reeling overhead seemed so...out of place with the events that were occurring where Mauja and I stood, the weight of my own depression and various other emotions weighing heavily on my heart and keeping me form being able to wheel in giddy circles through the night sky with my companion. Moon eyes filled to the brim with tears as I thought of all that I had lost in my time of wandering.

How foolish I had been to waste precious time with my loved ones...but I was still am quite young, how was I to know that those I cared so deeply for would be gone by the time I made a presence in the real world once again? "I know, the longer you live the more you lose." The sound of the speckled ghost moving a step closer brought me rushing back from the darkest corners of my shadowed mind. My body contracted harshly at the thought of losing anyone else and I bit my tongue to keep a cry from escaping into the cold air. The metallic, salty taste of blood coated my taste buds as I listened to the words that were coming from my father's friend this time, expecting more bad news to be spilled forth.

"But, you are wrong about one thing. Sacre has returned. He's at the Edge." Part of me didn't want to believe him, his blurry pale figure could easily be a mirage brought on by the thick emotions that flooded my veins. But, I knew he was there, I knew it was all real otherwise I would have had Edison screeching in my ear to snap out of it and hurry on my way to the Basin so he could return to his familiar cave and out of the cold. Rather he was squealing with excitement, the feelings of happiness scratching at the glass walls of my mind in hopes of infiltrating the darkness and bringing some light.

My jaw dropped, worn ivories stained a crimson still from the blood that had once flowed through the veins in my tongue. If my moon eyes were not lifeless they would have lit up brilliantly with the little bit of hope that had managed to wiggle it's way through the shadows at the thought of my brother not only being alive, but within travelling distance from where I stood currently. And Mauja, the pale ghost, had seen him. I struggled with words for a second, my mouth closing and opening unceremoniously as I tried to find my voice. Tried to get my vocal chords to understand what the spotted beast had just told me, my brother wasn't dead.

"C-can you bring me to him?" The original plan had been to return to the Basin and take my role as a medic. But it seemed as if life had another plan, maybe this time I was meant to be a medic under the Goddess rather than under the God.

"Talk?"
roux
am I just paranoid?
or am I just stoned
@Mauja
image credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla