the Rift

[OPEN] The Starborn~ [Birthing]

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob

She had heard the cries of the birthing mare before she had even seen her. And even if she hadn't she would have noticed her quite quickly for her glimmering coat gleamed within the moonlight. How she had gotten here was on a mere whim, having wanted to find a place of solace for her and her child to bond and simply relax without the eyes of others upon them. Though she was only a few days old, the babe seemed to hold much spunk, and so Myrrine had a feeling that a little walk to the Grove wouldn't harm her any. She patiently waited whenever the winged maiden wanted to rest, offering her food and affection along the way, until finally they had reached their destination rather victoriously. Only the winged mare hadn't expected to come across a woman screaming in pain from childbirth.

Her own body seemed to cringe as she understood what the poor woman was going through. Her body still hadn't fully healed, especially since it had been a hard birth. The sobbing following the cries were what broke Myrrine, causing her to hurry over and to attempt to aid the mare in any way. Without thinking she attempted to press her muzzle into the sweaty neck of the stranger, lips whispering and crooning in an attempt to comfort," There, there. You'll be alright. Just breathe. The Gods will take care of you." Hazel eyes watched closely as soon she had successfully birthed a foal, it just as beautiful as her mother; gleaming like starlight along the top half of her body. She was about to congratulate the new mom, to give her a cheer in celebration of her little babe; but it seemed her trouble wasn't quite over yet.

Soon she was crying out again, pushing and writhing as if something else was still within her womb. Swallowing hard, the butterfly-mare watched in anticipation, keeping a close eye on the first foal and the mother as the second one was finally brought into the world. She couldn't help but feel awful for the star maiden; one foal was tough enough as it was. The Gods had blessed her with two, and although they were both so beautiful, Myrrine's own loins quivered at the thought of having to have endured the same thing. She could only pray it wouldn't happen to her anytime soon, if not ever. Once the unicorn seemed complete with her instinctual process of tending to the newborns (Myrrine had stepped back at this point to let her have her moment with her babies), she closed in one again, sniffing politely to make sure all was well with the dam," How are you feeling? Do you need any water? I can fetch you some water soaked moss while you rest. They're very beautiful by the way, congratulations!"

Beaming brightly the fellow mother looked kindly to her, warmth evident upon her features as it spread throughout her body. She couldn't help but feel proud to have witnessed this moment, to share it with this mom who might have felt lost and alone should she have not arrived right in time. She only hoped Laume would behave and not bombard the two little ones, who still needed time to cope. She let her gaze wander over the little ones teetering around aimlessly in search of milk, causing a warm and knowing smile to cross her lips. Her head turned to look at her own butterfly princess, giving her a tender kiss upon her head before looking back to the fellow mare politely," Forgive me for not introducing myself. My name is Myrrine, and this is my daughter Laume. It is a pleasure to meet all of you!"

OOC: Hope you don't mind me popping in!! Myrrine's "help people" instincts kicked in.

MYRRINE
Life's too short to live simply

semperfeisty | xxtgxxstock @dA | leeorr-stock @dA | jerry oldenettel @ flickr

@Ki'irha @Laume - hope you don't mind, just in case you wanted to come in and say hi. If not we can just assume she went to sleep? Lemme know if you want anything changed.
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

Messages In This Thread
The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Ki'irha - 04-20-2016, 07:28 AM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Vesper - 04-20-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Virga - 04-20-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Myrrine - 04-21-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Ki'irha - 04-25-2016, 06:51 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Vesper - 05-01-2016, 04:12 PM
RE: The Starborn~ [Birthing] - by Virga - 05-01-2016, 10:53 PM