the Rift

[OPEN] Any Kind of Beauty

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

"When do you start becoming beautiful, Manhattan?" I whisper into the silent warmth of the day.

In the distance, some faint birdcall that comes from seemingly nowhere twitters in useless reply. I step closer to the water, stare out over its mirror, and trace faint lines in the wet sand with a heavy forehoof.

I'm not particularly aware of the fact that I am what some, perhaps my mother were she still present, would call handsome. I have not felt the warmth of touch, and so without point of comparison I cannot understand the silk of my own coat. I see little outside my own world, hear little of myself from others, and so I pay no mind to the silvery sheen that crawls up my sides. There is beauty in my reflection--in the fire of my liquid gold eyes, in the watery sheen of my dapples, and my mother's mark impressed upon my brow. But I'm not capable of seeing it yet.

The day is limpid and warm. My stance is awkward, my carriage practiced to avoid the pain impressed upon my by my spine. I screw my eyes and look out into the distance, wondering there the bird call could have come from. Out there, in the endless reflection of the Halycon flats, there are no birds. There is only clarity, the distant memory of pain brought to life, and the sun.

I turn away, feeling confronted by the stark view that stretches out before me, and look back into the woods that lurk behind. Is that where the sound came from? It's certainly where I came from. I was born in shadow and wood, it was simply in the harsh and unavoidable light that I became who I am now: injured, isolated, and positively beautiful.

I have practiced silence so long
and cannot find a reason to break its embrace now.
milo

image | coding

@Vu, and open! Milo is pretty much just standing around being pretty.

Messages In This Thread
Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-21-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 04-21-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-29-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 05-03-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 05-15-2016, 06:12 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 06-04-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 06-30-2016, 08:11 PM