the Rift

[OPEN] Any Kind of Beauty

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

The loss of a life can be quite painful, the sensation of an unfathomable chasm forming inside your soul, heart, mind, your entire being. It shakes even the most steadfast, the dauntless and the brave upon their first encounter with death’s angel. The lives of those they held close gone in a forever dance of wind and leaves. But what of those who lose another not through the inescapable claws of death, but in that they are abandoned? My loved ones have always left and only one by death where it is no choice of their own to leave. All others chose to depart down a path where there can be no conclusion, no reprieve from the heartache of their absence save time.

Azure eyes turn away from the stark glimmers of a winter ocean, blinking slowly to clear invisible sand. Too often in my short life I have been alone without sufficient time and space to express my grief and heal. In all outward appearance, to prying eyes and ears, I am the embodiment of serenity; elegance. Three rules govern all I do and say. Change does not come easy. Who am I lying to? The rules are all I have. Though with the reappearance of my brother, the soul I have been chasing for more months than I care to admit, perhaps my gain will at last best my loss. My gaze leaves the frosted sands following an unseen trail back to the gray-blue water; hope glimmering ever so slightly in the corners.

Features wrapped in a mask of forever neutrality I further tally, erase and re-tally the two columns in my mind. My focus breaks for a moment as past thoughts shift back to the present and I think on an offer made not four days ago; a home. The silvered unicorn, Ciceron, offered both my brother and I a place to call home, Hidden Falls. I admit for a fleeting moment I nearly jumped and screamed, “YES” and then I remembered what a home would mean. I have never been in a herd or had much in the way of family. The prospect of answering to another is disconcerting after being my own master and keeper for the majority of my life…but what truly frightens me is another strike in the category of loss. A visible shudder passes over an otherwise still frame as the wind blows past, bellowing a feeling to echo my own. Quickly all is smothered but I know I cannot leave either Ciceron or Rift without an answer for long.

I turn to begin the trek back to the forest that will lead me to where I last spied Rift, absentmindedly spraying bouts of sand in effort to cheer myself. The sun reflecting off a surface other than the sand and shallow water draws cerulean eyes to the form of a young male and I silently debate. Perhaps, I should… Before I can finish my own thought charcoal legs move to stand closer to this stranger. Never one for unnecessary speeches, I part my lips and softly speak, “Hello.” I place myself to where I can see his face, oceanic eyes peering into sun-kissed ones.

"speech"

OOC:  Vu is just standing around being weird. xD

@Milo

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-21-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 04-21-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-29-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 05-03-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 05-15-2016, 06:12 AM