the Rift

[OPEN] Any Kind of Beauty

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

Her touch is a stinging ripple--the unfamiliar buzz of affection, so long unfelt in my young body. When was it that my father last touched me? When was it that he last touched me with kindness? And my mother, now gone, what of her? She has abandoned me and I've done what I can do accept that, but I can't deny how good it feels to just be touched again.

Vaguely, I wonder if that's why even the cold hurt of Aquila's teeth on my spine was a comfort. To just be touched, regardless of how...

I think of how the water touches me, sweeter than the wind and more loving than any other that I've known. The water is kind and forgiving. The water always stays, never draws further from me than it does at low tide. If nothing else, I know the water will always be there.

When the dark mare comes to my side with a sort of smile, I struggle to make the own expression play out on my features. Funny to think, but when have I last smiled? Surely, it must have been before Manhattan died.

I push the thought away and step further into the water, forcing myself to move slowly so I don't strain myself, until its level reaches half-way up my side. It laps rhythmically and I sigh softly before turning back to the mare--beckoning her with a soft whinny. It's the only thing I can do to tell her that it's ok to come closer.

For once, today, I want the company.

I have practiced silence so long
and cannot find a reason to break its embrace now.
milo

image | coding

Much better, thank you! <3

Messages In This Thread
Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-21-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 04-21-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-29-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 05-03-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 05-15-2016, 06:12 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 06-04-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 06-30-2016, 08:11 PM