the Rift

[OPEN] Any Kind of Beauty

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I can't deny the fact that I'm a little surprised when she follows me further into the water. I'm suddenly more uncomfortable than I expected to be as the waters part for her the same way that they did for me. Had I thought I was special? No, that can't be. Save for my unique perspective on sorrow, my deeper understanding of things, and my grasp on language, I do not believe that I am special. So I could not have thought that the water would only welcome me, that in calling her forward I was guiding her to an unfamiliar territory that would resist her and try to fight her away.

So why, now, am I so surprised that the water parts easily? She appears to be as invited as I am into the embrace of this bright sea, and I feel a twinge of jealousy.

But when she speaks, asking me a question I cannot (or will not) answer, I am returned to my confidence. She cannot decide if it is peaceful here because, as smoothly as she may intrude, she is not as intimately acquainted with this world as I am. I was here when this land was born, or at least into helovia. I was wounded here. I was brought into a curious being, cradled into the arms of a life of pain, and I have lived it ever since. While she wonders I know, and with that knowledge I feel suddenly untouchable.

It's superiority, but I neither expect it or admit it. I only exhale a soft, chuffing neigh, offer her a quick look, and then gesture out to the wide, reflective waters. How could she not know how peaceful the mirrored threat of death here is?

I have practiced silence so long
and cannot find a reason to break its embrace now.
milo

image | coding

@Vu sorry for the delay

Messages In This Thread
Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-21-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 04-21-2016, 11:26 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 04-29-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 05-03-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 05-15-2016, 06:12 AM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Vu - 06-04-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: Any Kind of Beauty - by Milo - 06-30-2016, 08:11 PM