the Rift

[PRIVATE] Darkravun [Isopia Wit Contest for God's Blood]

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Rain.

It's been a while, so when it falls the hunter is pleased to meet it again. To feel it. To really, truly, remember it. The night hides it from his vision but he can hear it everywhere, falling on and breaking the thin layers of ice that cover the falls' lakes. Everything is beautiful on nights like this--everything except the past. But Knox has company to come, and so he treats the night as if it is just like any other. He will get through it, he must.

He walks the woods as his father. It is a rare form to take, one with glittering gold eyes and dripping red on its cheeks. It is the most immediate ghost. The ancestor has hung the prized vial on its chain over a spindly branch that reaches out in the dark, either seeking comfort or distancing itself from the world around it.

When he thinks he hears a rustling in the wood he doesn't take a moment to consider whether or not he should stay quiet.

"A chuyuld I once knew, he dreamed uf yuh, darkravun..." Roanne's heavy accent cuts through the rain, causing a hush in nature's pattering buzz. "I wus a burd once too..."

What use are your memories now, old man? Knox thinks dejectedly. He has heard Roanne's stories of flying through the air on wide, dark eagle's wings. He has heard of swimming through the river as an otter, no, swimming down into the very depths of the sea to greet a monster. Silverline (or was it another?) above on the shore, a monster below, all of Isilme before him...

Quiet. These are not your glory days any longer. You are only a ghost, permitted to walk by my graciousness.

And though Roanne knows his son is wrong, he has too much graciousness to correct him. He only borrows the clarity, but not sound, of his son's voice to recite the beauty of a riddle, and continues through the rain.

"Oh translate me Arabaidd!
If not for your bright mask I'd have lost you in this blood moon night,
Are you sure that you have always been alone?
Perhaps your pushy humor has isolated some."

""

@Isopia, you have 48 hours to make your guess and post your own mock stealth! The target might be anyone in the Hidden Falls (regardless of absence) except Isopia or Knox. So as not to mix IC and OOC knowledge, your IC comment can be anything but as far as IC goes, Knox's stealth isn't about anyone and Isopia might not know who, even if it were (otherwise options would be too limited!) Your guess should be made in an OOC comment. If you want pmed comments on yours/explanations of how I did mine, let me know in the bottom of your post. When making your guess, make it like in the real stealth boards with backup clues.

Knox Stealth: 1/3
Knox Points: 0
Item: Vial of Tiger God Blood

Point chart:
+1 for correctly guessing a stealth
-.5 for guessing late
-1 for making a stealth that was too difficult to guess

Messages In This Thread
Darkravun [Isopia Wit Contest for God's Blood] - by Knox - 04-21-2016, 04:20 PM