the Rift

[PRIVATE] Old and New Things

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I'm gonna carry you in
In my head, in my heart, in my soul

Oh, how good it must be to live so innocently. I watch the younger colt with obvious envy while I stand on the sidelines, frozen in a transfixture of pain. My spine cocks ever so slightly and from there, all hurt stems. That, of course, and the emotional beating of abandonment. I am not like this child, who idles in birdsong with no hindrances, and likely two parents to watch over him.

Then again... why isn't anyone else here?

The bitterness in my heart subsides for an important moment and I move out from the trees, walking slowly and carefully so as not to slip in the same mud that this colt plays in. Given his scent and our location, I figure that he must be another member of the herd. But there do not seem to be so many children in the falls, so the sight of him is a surprise. I can think, for the moment, only of my absent young cousin and the boy with the companion at the borders. But the mere memory of him causes me to bristle, and so I turn my thoughts elsewhere in order to keep myself looking calm.

This child, I've no reason to hate. It's unjust and cruel, perhaps, that he lives freely while I ache through life. But these are facts I will, for long enough to have him speak at me before deciding to leave, suffer through.

My white tail whips when a patch of mud is flung towards me, and I wince as it strikes me square in the side. There is anger, even just at that harmless occurrence. When I nicker to alert the colt to my presence, I do my best to keep my lips from curling high.

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

Sorry about the wait, @Tristan. My milo muse is in the tubes but I thought I would give you what I could.

Messages In This Thread
Old and New Things - by Tristan - 04-21-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: Old and New Things - by Milo - 07-13-2016, 07:43 AM