the Rift

[OPEN] you gotta hold on

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia

Somebody swore me you were leaving town,
I swear I never thought you'd be the one who'd let me down
No Zero, I don't, the earthen girl thought sadly but silently. I can't miss you, because missing means needing. And I can't need you. You aren't big enough to endure what I've done. But instead of voicing these honest insecurities, despite the fact that Zero was likely the only one in all of Helovia who could hear them without judgement and love her still, Isopia remained silent, with her wing wrapped almost lazily around her small friend.

The girl hadn't actually realized her body had trembled until Zero pulled away, his bright gaze clearly wrought with worry. On his dirt-ledge, Hubris made an I don't know gesture with his shoulders and frowned. In that moment, the pleading nearly helpless but still so damned concerned look on his face caused a physical pang of pain to race through Isopia's breast. The demi-goddess fought the urge to wince, won, and stared doubtfully down at the boy who offered to hear her transgressions. Even a priest wouldn't want to talk about this. She thought doubtfully, though teetered on the edge of opening her lips and spilling everything to him.

The weight of what she had done was suddenly so much more tangible than it had ever been before. It rose in the back of her throat like bile and threatened to reduce her knees to jelly forcing her onto them like the whore she had felt she had become. But if Zero could bear this burden? Could it be shared? If she told him ... would that take away the pain? Would it lessen her grief?

But as his sunbeam gaze met her hardened golden one, the demi-goddess swallowed and stood taller. No, she thought conclusively, it wouldn't. Her gaze skirted around him for a moment, out into the cold snowy landscape where her secret was buried.
Zero was from her past, a time of adventure and learning and whatever passed for innocence in Isopia's life. His memory collided jarringly with thoughts of sex and pregnancy and murder.

"It's nothing. Just a mistake I've made, but I've taken care of it." In her mind, Hubris seethed, disappointed that she would brush off what she had done as casually as that. Isopia characteristically ignored this completely, forcing her lips to part in a smile. "I learned something new - new magic. Want to see?" She inquired, shifting the topic to something that would hopefully take hold of his interest.

sorry that sucked x.x

Image by Tamme!

Messages In This Thread
you gotta hold on - by Zèklè - 04-22-2016, 09:57 PM
you gotta hold on - by Isopia - 04-22-2016, 10:31 PM
RE: you gotta hold on - by Zèklè - 04-22-2016, 11:35 PM
RE: you gotta hold on - by Isopia - 04-23-2016, 12:02 AM
RE: you gotta hold on - by Zèklè - 04-26-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: you gotta hold on - by Isopia - 05-02-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: you gotta hold on - by Zèklè - 07-25-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: you gotta hold on - by Isopia - 07-30-2016, 09:56 PM