the Rift

[PRIVATE] surprise guest star—

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
my kingdom come
I slept a dreamless sleep, viewing a still blackness that overcame my senses in the early hours. I think I saw a skeletal face somewhere drifting in the abyss beside me, glittering red eyes tracking my movements as the light of dawn began to pierce my lids (who are they?).

Nymeria looms over me, bubblegum eyes groggily observing her for a quiet few minutes, listening to nature rise with me. Birds begin their morning routine of chirping in failed harmony, screaming and whistling from branches in trees a ways down the meadow— the sun poking out from behind the treeline screaming, 'wake the fuck up beauty queen!' Flatten my ears and heaving a groggy groan, I pull myself up until I'm on all four mismatched hooves, shaking myself off to get rid of debris and dirt.

"Follow me to Mother." I tell Nym, not hesitating to rush forward, little legs gaining speed rapidly as my eyes focus on the narrow invisible trail ahead— one I'd ran walked only last night on my way to flee from Mother's erratic hooves. I could hear Nym's own hooves thundering behind me, easily keeping up (I don't travel fast) with me, the possibility of a conversation between us null as we travel through the misty morning.

I can't tell exactly how long it takes us to get exactly to where we needed to go, but long enough that by the time we get there I cannot breathe without sputtering briefly (my lungs are small okay, I'm not out of shape or anything). I take it slow now that we're under a canopy of trees, caged in by the trunks of varying widths and lengths, roots grabbing hastily at my hooves as I ungracefully trip (oops), righting myself before glancing back at Nym to smile awkwardly— I hope she didn't notice.

"Mother?" I call out once we near her normal location, ears pricked forward, eagerly awaiting a response. I wait another few minutes before calling again, louder this time. "Mother?" My heart leaps to my throat at the sound of aggressively approaching hooves, desperate rhythm bringing a subtle tremble to my knees as there's an angry holler in response. "KID!" She bellows among the trees, the snorting and aggravated exhalation becoming apparent as she gets closer.

"YOU LITTLE SHIT I-" As Mother storms into view and begins her furious rant, she skids to an immediate stop and her eyes widen. I've never seen an expression on her face, terrified and shocked— she knows she's fucked up now, staring at my aunt's figure with utter surprise present in her steel eyes. I feel victorious as she gazes in awe, a grin crawling across my features because yes, for today, I've won. "Hello Mother." I sing, batting my lashes for her in a sweet display of innocence.

"Talk."
kid
the boy king
image credits

made by reli

tag me in everything

Messages In This Thread
surprise guest star— - by Kid - 04-23-2016, 10:01 PM
RE: surprise guest star— - by Nymeria - 04-24-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: surprise guest star— - by Colt - 04-24-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: surprise guest star— - by Nymeria - 04-25-2016, 12:42 PM
RE: surprise guest star— - by Kid - 04-25-2016, 05:48 PM