the Rift

[PRIVATE] Sharp (teeth)

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
knox
& Manhattan
Luckily for Caneo, Knox does not live by warrior codes. Unluckily for him, Knox—in his attempt to be void of sensation—overflows with emotion and upset. It takes so little... so little to drive the stallion mad.

Without Manhattan he has lost the balance that would once keep him steady. He no longer has the counterweight to pull that insanity down, to turn responses into thought out, rational things. Diplomacy is a distant dream. Kindness, even tolerance, are lost in the wind.

The hunter screams.

"WALK ME HOME?" The eyes bulge, one dead, one living, both filled with rage. "WALK ME HOME?" His coat shivers with a lack of sense, with a wave of heat-like hate that rumbles through his body."I don't joke with you, boy! Bring me the flesh of the slain and I'll swallow it whole, even if that means yours. WALK ME HOME?" His hocks quake, his neck stiffens and twists, placing his head at an angle that seems broken off and exposing his dapples to the sun.

"I am uncle to NONE! Do you see me as an old thing, tethered to the love of youth?" And he means it, for any nieces or nephews, anything spit out of Archibald's overworked prick, mean nothing to him. "Children are a waste! They are silent, they are useless, they are crippled and crippling!"

Manhattan is not here to slow him down, to stop him with a wait. No, the voices are unusually quiet today and she is the quietest. She is dead, and Knox does not realize that he speaks, in too much detail, of his son.

"I made it up here, didn't I? I don't need to be walked home. You want to help your uncle, boy? Then let him HUNT!" Knox lunges then, more dangerous then he's felt in some time, and snaps his teeth towards the white one. God forbid Archibald see this, what his brother has become. Knox is a liability, a thin stretch of insanity along a shore that he cannot navigate.

Knox is beyond what any of them have expected. And maybe when he throws himself forward, teeth snapping, he means to hunt the white boy himself. Maybe it's the snake whose spine he wishes to snap. Or maybe he just wants them out of his way so he can fall, run past them and throw himself down the mountainside. Maybe he's just chasing down his end.

""
when the pain starts…it is slow.
It tugs at him gently, the way that morning does after a particularly restful sleep. But then it grows deeper, and the tug becomes a pull,
then a shredding,
and it wrenches him from what he has come to know as reality
—and into
something
darker.

image | coding

No harm! Knox is pretty ragged, especially now that his eye is banged up. Plus he's taken horrible care of himself his whole life and might look older for it.

Messages In This Thread
Sharp (teeth) - by Caneo - 04-24-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: Sharp (teeth) - by Knox - 04-29-2016, 09:32 AM
RE: Sharp (teeth) - by Caneo - 05-03-2016, 08:51 PM
RE: Sharp (teeth) - by Knox - 06-11-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Sharp (teeth) - by Caneo - 06-18-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Sharp (teeth) - by Knox - 06-22-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Sharp (teeth) - by Caneo - 06-26-2016, 03:10 PM