the Rift

[PRIVATE] glorious things

Nizho Posts: 17
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 5.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 2 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

He was nearly a yearling, even though this winter droned on and on. He had seen the mighty Zephyr cross the sky, and it had given him some semblance of determination. He needed to learn to fly, and he needed to learn well. His parents were too busy to teach him, and his older sister seemed to disappear. She had always had a penchant for roaming the Wilds, but it had been several weeks since the colt had seen Mordecai. Frowning, he snuck his way out of the herdland. His father was on patrol, and his mother was tending to the flock. It was the perfect opportunity to slip through the border on the flaming wings with some dutiful wingless out for a patrol. He had become skilled in it, waiting at the shoreline for someone to leave the Throat. The act no longer held the heart-pumping thrust of thrill and excitement, instead it had transformed into a solid, gold medal of pride. He was skilled.

Trotting his way away from the red sands, the colt found himself at a river cross in the Thistle Meadow. It was too wide to jump, too quick to swim. He knew exactly what he needed to do. Trotting back the way he had come some paces, he suddenly shifted and threw his dappled body into a ferocious gallop. His thin, tall legs carried him quickly and he thrust his wings out. He felt his feathers wiggle with the wind catching at them, and as he drew near the river he felt his stomach flip and turn inside of his gut. He was going to do this. He was Really going to do this. One, two, three, four strides and, he counted before leaping, legs tucking up into his undercarriage and wings catching the warm wind.

He glided--not flew--over the river. It did not matter, however, for as cloven hooves hit the other side of the river he rejoiced. He was entirely ungraceful in his landing, and he stumbled and tripped and rolled into the waning snow. He did not care, however, and he let his roars of laughter fill the meadow. He got to his feet quickly and started cantering, lacing his run with bucks and twists of joy. He understood now why his father spent so much time in the sky. It was absolutely the best thing he had ever done in his life.

"chat chat"

I lose my balance on these eggshells you tell me to tread
I'd rather be a wild one instead
image credits 

@Tae @Enyo

Messages In This Thread
glorious things - by Nizho - 04-24-2016, 10:39 AM
RE: glorious things - by Enyo - 04-24-2016, 10:55 AM
RE: glorious things - by Tae - 04-24-2016, 11:34 AM
RE: glorious things - by Nizho - 05-09-2016, 04:36 PM
RE: glorious things - by Enyo - 05-14-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: glorious things - by Tae - 05-14-2016, 12:09 PM