the Rift

the fighter still remains [sneak meeting]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I’ve become a simple souvenir of someone’s kill
They came funneling in at the mixture of her looming voice and display. She stood, waiting, a pillar for those to come and speak with her. Yet the creatures that showed weren’t exactly the welcoming party she had subconsciously hoped for. Fiachra came first, trotting to over to the gilded Thief and dipping her head. Remy watched with beady eyes, already finding a nonthreatening feeling from this mare – partially influenced from Rexanna. The Thief returned the dip of the head, though a bit hastier than Fiachra’s show. “Fiachra, welcome. I’ve been better.” A small hint of a smile crossed across her features, but was extinguished as duties came forth. “You are welcome to join the ranks starting as a Phantom as I did.” She spoke gently, still carrying the demanding tone from before and unsure of whether or not she should try and appear stronger. The scar loomed like a cloud over her chest, standing in stark contrast to her pale body.

However, Albrecht came – with what appeared to the Thief as an aggressive demeanor. Remy’s eyes immediately shot to the bearded man, tense in every part of his snake-like body. Before the Thief could respond, the stallion that had spoken to her from the meeting approached with the striped feline at his side. As they approached and stood beside her, his voice reaching out in a retaliation against Albrecht, something of which gained some regard in Rexanna’s book. Remy eyed the tiger with a hint of worry, clutching Rexanna’s forelock with a bit more intent. He was still young, but Rexanna could still sense the feeling of uncomfortableness that loomed from the tiny polecat. She nodded a quick greeting to Prometheus briefly before turning her attention back onto Albrecht. “How I decide to go about my duties is of no concern to you, Albrecht.” She growled to him, her eyes gleaming with frustration – remembering their last encounter with the fire from the Heart Caves. “Perhaps you should stand closer to my fireworks and learn just how much a beautiful thing can hurt.

Removing her glare from Albrecht, she pulled herself and Remy away from the trio of thieves gathered, shooting a quick glance around to see if anyone else were to join before landing her attention onto Prometheus and Fiachra, part of her refusing to spend too long staring at the old man in case he wanted to use his magic once again. “I have asked you here for the simple task of needing to fill the ranks. As Deimos said at the meeting, we are aligned with the Edge and Throat. They must remain untouched by us. There are those out there we need to keep an eye out for, Tingal, Gull, and Calstron. However, I’m unsure if Calstron is going by his full name. Deimos spoke of what Tingal and Gull looked like, but Calstron is a new threat. He’s a Pegasus, blood bay in color with a white mane and tail, fierce orange eyes. Do not engage him if you come across him.” She admitted, her gaze breaking away from the group to glance at the opening – part of her wondering if the Blood Prince would magically appear at the mention of his name. It was almost as if thinking about him caused her scar to hurt again. Her hide twitching around the black scar as she shifted her weight. Rexanna inhaled deeply before shaking her head, hoping to lose the feeling of pain, and returned her gaze back to her band of phantoms. “First things first, a majority – if not all – of our job is information. Do what you must to attain this information, but be sure to not land yourself in a place you can’t get out of. Once you are out there, you are on your own.” This was the Thief’s low key way of saying I won’t come find you if you fail. She expected them to succeed. Whether that was foolish or not, she wasn’t sure. She needed to hope for the best in the situations given to her. “You must prove to me that you can successfully attain information. With that being said, you need to go out and be social. Meet others from other herds, regardless of the Basin’s alliance. Learn something from them that could benefit the herd. For instance, let’s say someone from the Throat is a healer that knows certain information about plants that thrive there and how they can help the body. Perhaps you should try to learn what this plant is and pass it on to our healers for our greenhouse.” Her voice rang out with intention, her eyes glancing across each one of them. “Of course it’s not limited to that question specifically, but find something that could benefit our home. Our job is to protect the Basin – gather information that could be beneficial to us and you will be rewarded.” She nodded to them as Remy looked upon each one, being completely silent. “Any questions?” Rexanna paused, allowing for time for conversation – hoping that questions would truly be asked and not childlike bickering as every Basin meeting seemed to devolve into.

"Talk."
And like the sea—
I’m constantly changing from calm to ill.
Rexanna
image | coding

@Albrecht @Fiachra @Prometheus

Next round of posting will begin May 8th! :)
Your job is to gather information from another person, whether it be from another herd or an outcast, something that can benefit the Basin. Perhaps a helpful ally, knowledge for the Menders, Scholars, or Warriors. I don't think it's really necessary for the end of a timeline here but since it isn't too difficult of a task just feel free to shoot me a PM here, on Skype, or just tag Rexanna with a thread here when the task has been completed! :D

and if you have any questions, feel free to snag my attention one of those ways! :)
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
RE: the fighter still remains [sneak meeting] - by Rexanna - 05-02-2016, 01:44 AM