the Rift

[OPEN] Time Gone By

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

In the safety of her home she felt her comfort fade, felt useless and… impatient. That made something In the back of her mind laugh, finally corrupting the stillness and quiet. Slashing wakes through the tranquility of her mind — a disruption she could almost say she had been waiting for (it had only been a matter of time). My God, are you witnessing the tragedy that I have found myself in as well?
Was He witnessing the idiocy, the nonsense of this mortal life that she had to endure?

That she put herself through?
Willingly… ?

He greeted her on his turn, cheekily smiling back at her. His blue gaze soft in the unbroken silence of her golden eyes. Once more she wondered what he wanted. Something besides spreading slightly frustrating thoughts and questions in her mind. His words broke the polite formality that she had tried to hold on to.

“You look beautiful.”

Her inner-ego gasped at this, sat back as it had to think this through before taking another breath. What could she do with words like these? For once she did not know what to reply with except an intense, questioning glare that was now burning her eyes. In it also hiding a flame of confusion. After all, she looked how she had always looked; her hide constantly dusty with the golden sand from the roaming dunes, her scent a mixture of fire and salt. Her too long, ivory mane draped in shimmering locks from the cold seawater she bathed in, tangled from the wind. Maren blinked a few times while she realized what he was saying… — And she realized what he was saying. Nobody in Helovia had ever told her she looked beautiful before.

The wind flushed through the feathers of her wings. Her eyes slipped to Ilios and back to Kaj, she felt strangely embarrassed. This was how rumors started, she reminded herself. It’s the seabreeze, she wanted to tell him, but another part, a bigger part, did not agree. “Thank you,” she said with a soft voice after a pause, accompanied by a growing smile.

Yet, being who she was, she still wondered; kept trying to find that underlying intention, reasons… the purpose of the interest gleaming in his blue eyes — Before she had to (again) realize Kaj might just not be like the others. The memory of Kaj’s green nose fluttered back into her memory with his words. He could be someone that truly cared. The mare huffed out a laugh, her eyes slowly starting to smile as well. The fabricated calm that had lain on her expression started to finally sink into sincerity. “Yes, it truly worked wonders. Your medic must be very wise,” dipping in appreciation. Ilios was still standing there with a devious expression on his boyish face. Although she did not know the connection between the two, she sensed that there was something. But Maren got distracted from the thought as her ears poked upwards when the Aurelight mentioned her name. He had been looking for her, she mused to herself happy like a twittering songbird while the two made arrangement to meet up before Kaj left.

She didn’t really care to listen to this, until Ilios’ suspiciously cheerful voice was mentioning her name once more. His words were echoing in her head as her eyes squeezed themselves to questioning slids, and she could suddenly only think one thing: RUDE. Maren’s golden gaze shot to his sparkling silver ones, her own now a dangerous glare. She pulled up her neck, ears folding back as she talked in a slightly threatening tune. Hoping to remind him of her higher rank before he would spill unnecessary words to the whole herd. But he was already running off, laughing in the wind as he left. “OI —” She screamed after him. “KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT —” the diviner attempted half, now aware that Kaj and herself were alone and thus decided to give up on teaching Ilios to keep shut on delicate matters. "That bastard..." Her gaze wandered from the slowly vanishing pickle of the horned pegasus back to Kaj. She relaxed again, smile returning as her ears curling towards him. The warm breeze that rushed through had her in its grip, her gaze following the following words about tea towards his peculiar bag like a cat following the scent of fresh fish. “Ooooh!” she sang with surprise as she gracefully did a step forward, closer to Kaj, tail swaying lightly behind her lean body. Intrigued she sniffed the mouth-watering fumes that were entangled with the steam coming from the earthenware jug he had carried with him. As both Ilios had gone and the cards had been played, Maren’s gaze didn’t hesitate to throw her gleaming eyes at him, her lashes fluttering thankfully. “I do like tea”, which was of course the understatement of the year, but she was not about to scare him away after he had come this far. “I’m sure I’ll love it, since your talented medic has already proven her knowledge once before,” she laughed. But while she said it she suddenly realized that he had mentioned her before and something about that kind of irritated her. As if wanting to demolish that thought, she moved to touch his nose. “That’s nice of you to remember. It must have been heavy to cary that all the way here,” the gold of her eyes clear again as she reminded again that it didn't matter who else had Kaj's attention. “I think the oasis will be crowded this time of day. Would you like to sit on the beach instead?” She started walking (having made the decision for him apparently) throwing back her neck to look at him. “I always find the sound of the sea very calming,” Maren confessed with a smile.

Image Credits

LOL
@Ilios xD
@Kaj sorry for the wait ; v ; Didn't expect to suddenly be out of it for so long
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
Time Gone By - by Kaj - 04-26-2016, 06:33 PM
RE: Time Gone By - by Ilios - 04-28-2016, 02:15 AM
RE: Time Gone By - by Maren - 05-02-2016, 06:18 AM
RE: Time Gone By - by Kaj - 05-02-2016, 05:43 PM
RE: Time Gone By - by Ilios - 05-03-2016, 03:05 AM
RE: Time Gone By - by Maren - 06-01-2016, 05:34 AM
RE: Time Gone By - by Kaj - 07-17-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Time Gone By - by Maren - 07-25-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Time Gone By - by Kaj - 07-30-2016, 11:08 PM
RE: Time Gone By - by Maren - 09-01-2016, 10:20 AM