the Rift

[OPEN] the wind in my hair

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She is surprised when he agrees to go to the Edge with her. Pleasantly surprised, really. There’s a strange feeling of accomplishment that floods her, a warmth that makes her feel (for the first time in far too long) that she might be able to do some good in Helovia. She may not be much here, but perhaps she could help give others a home. Give them a life and a reason to stay here and help set them on their path. And even if that was all she ever did here, it would be enough.

Her smile spreads just a bit, if that’s even possible. Despite the sorrow that lingers somewhere in the pit of her stomach, she is almost always genuinely happy on the outside. Years of training mixed with an understanding that being happy is easier has made smiling natural for her. Has made it natural for her to simply be happy. What good does it do to dwell on sorrow? Yes, it creeps in, but she’s quick to banish it beneath a trip to the Threshold, or a flight to the Deep Woods, or something else that she finds enjoyable.

Now, the sorrow does not threaten to surface. Instead, she nods her head in the general direction of the Edge. “Let me show you the way,” she says, warmth in those words. No one had shown her the way, and it’s still a miracle she ever found the place on her own. She’d had to eavesdrop on a few conversation just to get a clue of where she needed to go. But Ichab wouldn’t have to find his own way.

She leads him through Helovia on foot, slightly less sure of the way on land than in the air, but comfortable enough with the journey that she hopes her hints of uncertainty don’t show. Instead she keeps up polite conversation if he wants, answering questions if he has any as they go. It’s not the shortest journey, but still, it doesn’t feel all that long as they travel together, the forest and the ruined glass wall finally coming into view.

“Welcome to the World's Edge. The glass wall – well, what’s left of it – marks the border of the kingdom.” She says, leading him through what used to be the only opening into the kingdom. Now there are plenty of holes large enough to wander in and out of, but it seems appropriate to take him through the true entrance. The forest, her favorite part of the kingdom, is the first thing that greets them. She moves through slowly but easily, wings tucked to her side to keep them away from the trees, weaving her way through until the land opens up. The wind is strong and cold at the cliff, and she turns toward Ichab. “Don’t rush forward here,” she says with a bit of a playful grin. She moves slowly, leading him to the edge of the cliff, or the end of the world.

“What do you think?” she asks, her excitement creeping into her voice just a bit. It was oddly pleasant having brought in a new recruit, feeling like she might finally belong. At least, just a little bit. 

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Ichab and anyone who can welcome him to the Edge

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
the wind in my hair - by Lyanna - 04-30-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: the wind in my hair - by Ichab - 05-10-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: the wind in my hair - by Tembovu - 05-13-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: the wind in my hair - by Lyanna - 05-15-2016, 07:23 AM