the Rift

[OPEN] the wind in my hair

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

If only he knew. She was hardly exotic here. At home, in Morham (no, not home anymore) she had been exotic, the teal a mark of her status in the royal family. But here? Here there were horses painted with the night sky, with skin like a seal’s, with companions of every animal imaginable. There were so many wonders, that in truth, she’d be rather surprised to hear his thoughts. She wasn’t much at all, though she didn’t necessarily mind. Whatever he thought, she was simply glad to be helping him, and more selfishly, glad to feel like she might have a friend in the Edge now.

She is starting to feel at home here in general, in the trees that are not her trees, but are becoming hers. In the wind that she can no longer speak to, can no longer hear what it whispers to them, but she feels she can understand anyway. Perhaps it is welcoming Ichab into the kingdom. Perhaps not. But she suspects the wind here is much the same as it is in Morham (the wind travels the world and back again), and if she’s right, then it is certainly welcoming it’s newest member.

Ichab’s reaction, though perhaps not a surprising reaction (it is beautiful here), still brings a massive smile to her face. She’d been afraid, without even realizing it, that she might let him down. That the Edge of the World might not be as amazing as it sounds. But he seems truly at awe, and she’s glad that she hasn’t led him astray. “Straight to the north, there’s another herd called Aurora Basin. But otherwise, I’ve never found anything else out there. Other lands, I’m sure, if I flew far enough, though I fear I might tire before I ever found them.”

It’s the most she’s spoken around here in quite some time, and it feels good to be conversing with someone again. Though it isn’t long before Tembovu finds them, with Mbwene right along side. She isn’t surprised that it’s the King that finds him. He does seem to be everywhere around here, and Elsa almost nowhere. Which of course is only true in her experience, and not simply true. She has no idea what Elsa might be doing, but she does hope to find the Queen one day, and thank her for the invitation here. She’d not yet had the chance.

“Tembovu,” she says with a nod, and then a nod to Mbwene as well, who she’d recently seen painting some of the broken glass. What a curious creature his elephant was. “This is Ichab. He’s currently looking for a new home, and wanted to see what the edge of the world looked like. I’m hoping he stays,” her smile turns a bit playful as she casts a glance toward Ichab, eyes sparkling slightly. Hoping too that Tembovu and his rather massive size doesn’t turn the much smaller stallion away from this place.  

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
the wind in my hair - by Lyanna - 04-30-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: the wind in my hair - by Ichab - 05-10-2016, 10:49 AM
RE: the wind in my hair - by Tembovu - 05-13-2016, 01:56 PM
RE: the wind in my hair - by Lyanna - 05-15-2016, 07:23 AM