the Rift

[PRIVATE] rain will lull you to sleep

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
KAJ
the aurelight

Kaj wasn't entirely sure why they were using this method for recruitment. Were the Threshold pickings slim? Were they in dire need of new meat, fresh blood to defend their borders? Truly? Desperately? What did this achieve beyond unfairly capturing or coercing those who had not sought the Falls out freely? Would their bitterness turn them against the herd that sought to make them family? 

Kaj had seen the deep pits of anger and hatred that had festered like open wounds in the few prisoners he had held. They, at least, had been captured with good reason. Why would he ever want someone within his borders who was even remotely capable of turning into that? And what if they lied between clenched teeth, pushed past their anger to take revenge by destroying the herd from within?

Archibald may call him a worrier, preferring the brutality of physicality. He forgot that Kaj was a beast in his own right, a creature of large proportions who had chained demons waiting in the expanse of his chest. Archibald himself had once had to keep Kaj from succumbing to those demons. So why did they force him down this ridiculous route? Were they blind to how badly it could turn out? Did they care so little for individuality, free will, and choice that they simply snatched foreigners - frightened and distrustful - from their surroundings to force them into a family? 

It was despicable to the Czar, even with the softness his memories had given him burned from his mind. 

It was emphasized by his target. Young, impressionable, barely out of babehood to a stallion like Kaj. He had trailed her, tracked and pinned her like a bloodhound. No better than a beast. But he approached her gently, shrinking his form with lowered head and kindly smile. 

"Hello, my name is Kaj, I am lead of the Hidden Falls. Don't worry I mean you no harm," he clarified softly, voice deep and rumbling but clearly compassionate. Wings shuffled in a quiet whisper of feathers at his side. How the hell was he supposed to explain this? Even after concocting it for hours in his mind nothing seemed good enough. She had undoubtedly realized he'd been stalking her, and he'd successfully cornered her, so how would she react?

"My herd wants to reach out and bid you to come and join our family. The wilds aren't safe, and we could provide you shelter and support." He wanted to ask what she thought of all of it, but she would likely respond and share those feelings directly after all he'd forced upon her in a few short moments. 

And the night never looked so lonely
Until I had to bear it on my own
image credits

@Adria

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
rain will lull you to sleep - by Kaj - 05-01-2016, 02:43 AM
RE: rain will lull you to sleep - by Adria - 05-21-2016, 08:41 PM
RE: rain will lull you to sleep - by Kaj - 06-27-2016, 01:47 AM
RE: rain will lull you to sleep - by Adria - 06-27-2016, 04:29 PM