the Rift

[OPEN] Daddy and Me [Kaj]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Aurelight

His little angel had been such a hard first child to have, and objectively Kaj knew that. However he practiced the trust exemplified in Maren, and he believed with an utterly unshakeable faith that the Gods had planned for Kaj to be Aleta's father. He would protect her from the elements as stubbornly as he would defend her from the misunderstanding of her peers and age-mates. To him, there was nothing wrong with her. Maybe her skin was like one giant exposed nerve, it did not make her less than anybody else. She was beautiful, and precious, and so endearingly resilient and kind in the face of such unfair amounts of pain. If he could wrap her in the down of his feathers and cocoon her until she was ready to face the world unharmed, he would. But Kaj knew she felt the wind and the earth the way her mother did, yearning for adventure and freedom that he would allow her, even when his skin prickled with constant nervous energy. He tried not to be an overbearing father, tried not to check in on her every hour in a way that would surely choke her. In some ways his duties as a Czar helped in that aspect, in others they could sometimes make him sloppy.

Nevertheless he believed he was meant for fatherhood. He doted on Aleta, tried to be fair and just when she required correction or punishment. And through it all he adored her above all else. So what she asked for, if benign, she generally received. 

His heart soared as it did every time she ever called him daddy, her own air-kiss tickling pleasantly against his pale whiskers. This was paradise. This was worth every heartbreak, every ounce of pain. 

"Well then we'd better get started!" he gasped, wings arcing at his sides as he danced in place. With a grin he turned and beckoned Aleta to his side. "What Czar duties would you like to help me with today, engeltje?" If she knew of any he would certainly entertain her foremost notion, but he had a few ideas he could utilize if she was unsure. 

Fast delivery!
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Aleta - 05-02-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Kaj - 05-02-2016, 06:04 PM
RE: Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Aleta - 05-02-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Kaj - 05-21-2016, 10:40 PM
RE: Daddy and Me [Kaj] - by Aleta - 05-27-2016, 09:15 PM