the Rift

Playtime is Over (Mandatory Fortify Meeting)

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella

The starlit girl moved swiftly across the permafrost. Cold still lingered within the Aurora Basin, but Birdsong had finally arrived, and with it, more pleasant weather to reward the unicorns for their perseverance through the bitter Frostfall season. She welcomed the breeze that caressed her, warmed by the sun that was reaching its peak in the perfect blue sky. It was a beautiful day, and hopefully all of her warriors would be around to meet and discuss necessary changes under her new leadership.

Much had changed since the disappearance of d'Artagnan. Many had come and gone, and the new general was unsure of who even served to protect the herd. She reflected on her own changes- the magic that coursed through her veins, her increased skills, the children who currently frolicked under the sweet care of the local candy man - and wondered how the soldiers had grown on their own. Despite any flourishing they had done, she needed them to come together and strengthen as a group, so there would be no issues should they need to work as a unit against impending threats.

The last time she and Sialia had attempted to gather the ranks together, only the haruspex had attended. Any who did not appear to this meeting would deal with appropriate punishment, and she hoped her new title at least garnered the most minimal amount of respect for her word. On the other side of the coin, those who arrived had the chance to be awarded. Within the white curls of her mane, a daring sparkle emerged every few steps, peeking through strands as she trotted along.

She came to a stop upon a grassy flat. It was nowhere special, a quiet area towards the northern corner of the herdland. "Comrades," she called, the voice of a leader carrying strong and far to seek the ears of those who she needed. "It is time to gather. There is much to discuss."

She stood patiently as she waited for others to arrive, the place beside her reserved for the corporal, should she arrive. A smile warmed her expression as she began to address them. "Thank you for meeting with me today. I must say, it is a both and honor and a privilege to stand before you as your general. It has been too long since we last gathered, and there is plenty of work to be done.

"First, as I'm sure it is easy to see, our numbers are dwindling.  I encourage all of you to take a trip to the threshold and attempt to bring newcomers back to our valley, and from there I'm sure we can do some convincing to have them join our ranks." It was often the blue girl visited the great woods that newcomers and returning vagabonds alike wandered into. But she had been busy, occupied by the new responsibilities of her title, as well as two rambunctious children who consumed any time she had remaining. Continuing, she allowed the conversation to move towards a more important topic. While they certainly could fluff their numbers with newcomers, it would be even more appropriate to strengthen what already existed. "While our weakness may come in the small number of soldiers we have, it would be in our best interest to do all we can to strengthen and train ourselves. Peace has settled over Helovia, it would seem, and new alliances have been made. Despite the calmness, you are all aware, I am sure, that peace is not a constant guarantee, and the longer peacetime lasts, the more strained it becomes. We should prepare for the worst, and be ready to protect those that live within our home who cannot fight for themselves."

The star girl tried desperately to keep her expression comfortable and relaxed, but within she felt a pang of uneasiness. Was she doing this right? Hopefully she would be successful in rallying the troops, and if she wasn't? If they fell to pieces under her lead? She would need to retreat to the farther corner of the darkest cave to live out the next year in embarrassment. Looking back out over the group, she noticed some who she knew did not belong to her ranks, and pride blossomed that they had made a point to attend despite that. Maybe she could someday live up to the standard of those before her. "Now, before we discuss seasonal spars and patrols, I extend to all of you a chance to speak out with any concerns or questions. I will answer them all the best I can."

With that, she opened the floor, hoping this meeting would be more productive than the last. Besides, she had exciting things to get to, and the small prize hanging within her mane felt heavy paired to the anticipation she felt to add a little competition to these normally dry meetings.

OOC//This is a mandatory fortify meeting! All AB fortify members are mandated to attend unless you are on absence, and that is addressed below. I also urge others to attend, whether unranked or under a different rank, who wish to participate in spars and patrols. ( You know you want to get rid of that "Novice" buff, regardless of rank and position!!) If you wish to be changed to soldier from unranked/different rank, simply state your intent and we can get it changed. Also, to anyone who attends this meeting, you will be eligible to win a prize based on the competition! The details of the competition will be posted in the next round. **To be eligible for the contest, you MUST post your non-fortify characters here before the end of the first round.**
This round ends in 1 week, so you must post by the end of the day on May 9th.
@Erebos @Caleb ~

MEMBERS ON ABSENT:
@Kalona @Sialia As you two are on absent, your characters can post here late if you return prior to the completion of the thread. If you miss the thread entirely, please seek out Ki'irha at some point prior to the end of Birdsong so you can be assigned necessary tasks. You are both encouraged to take part in the competition upon your return! And Nickel, as soon as Kalona meets with Ki'irha officially, I will have his title changed to soldier.

Ki'irha
The Starlit General

image credits
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
Playtime is Over (Mandatory Fortify Meeting) - by Ki'irha - 05-02-2016, 07:05 PM