the Rift

[OPEN] It started out “Hey cutie, where ya from?”

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

To hold all the promise of blue-velvet dark and stars

Marembo, as the gold-dusted mare named him, gave an excited squeek, maneuvering himself along Rexanna's withers and Aisling couldn't help but laugh a little. For all her nerves, her first introduction to the basin and its inhabitants was reassuring. Even if it didn't necessarily mean her conversation with Johnny would go smoothly, the meeting of not one, but two friendly faces did wonders in putting her a little more at ease in the unfamiliar surroundings. No matter the situation, the little illusionist could always appreciate the cute and the cheerful. "Well than it's pleased I am to meet you as well, Marembo." she said to the fuzzy noodle. Grey eyes flitted back to Rexanna with an appreciative nod "Aye, I'd be grateful for a guide, I'm not familiar with this place."

Aisling followed the unicorn and her polecat, not speaking, but casting her curious gaze over the landscape. The valley seemed ringed by mountains on all sides and still clung to the last threads of winter but is had it's own kind of beauty. There was not much that the faerie mare had heard about the Basin, besides they were a secluded and unfriendly lot and even that idea was positively squashed in her mind; Johnny and Rexanna being the only Basiner's she had met properly and they were friendly as the sun was bright. Perhaps, she thought It is just that grisly metal horse at the border...Never saw a more intimidating thing in my life, bless the saints.

Rexanna's voice broke the litany and the little mare glanced back her way, stopping alongside her as they seemed to arrive at their destination. The Basin's babbysitter? Aisling chewed her lip to try and hide the embarrased smile but there was a hopeful smile. "Is it really that obvi--" She began the bashful question, trusting to the kindness she had seen in the mare so far to let her guard down at bit but was interrupted by the joyful exclamation of the voice she'd been waiting to hear for days.

He approached, all smiles and the little mare's heart went fluttering madly in her chest. Excited to see the sweet man she'd been thinking of so fondly, hopeful he'd be glad to see her too, nervous as a naughty child that he might shift personalities at her condition-- the list went on, too many feelings packing into one tiny body (along with the baby) and al exploding in her in one breathless little moment as she turned to meet his gaze. She waited, holding her breath as she waited for his surprise, his shock, but Johnny only smiled. 

"What brings you here to the Basin?!” She only blinked eyes a little wide, face a little tremulous as it appears the shock was all hers to feel. WHAT BRINGS ME HERE TO THE BASIN?! In all her fretting it had not once occurred to Aisling that he simply wouldn't immediately see that she was carrying a child. Wasn't she enormous? She certainly felt so... "Um.." She hesitated, glancing at Rexanna as if to ask for help Though what can she do, bless her. Are all stallions so dense? How do I... do I just say it?! "I...I said I would come see you, didn't I? After I went to see the Sun God?" She smiled then, though it was more hesitant than she'd have liked. It was true enough, but that blithe promise had seemed a little less important in the face of her current condition. But what was she supposed to do. the courage to come her was one thing, but how did one just announce a pregnancy? For the first time she heard the chirping at her feet over her own thoughts and grateful for the chance to stall looked down at the ball of fluff and feathers. "Who's this?"

"."
ooc :: "Oh let me just do a short post!"... "Woops, my hand slipped..." - @Rexanna @Johnny
Image Texture
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Messages In This Thread
RE: It started out “Hey cutie, where ya from?” - by Aisling - 06-09-2016, 08:30 AM