the Rift

[PRIVATE] three minus one plus two [birth, eventually]

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

My first memory is of sand. Hard, gritty, sticky sand.

It felt like I was swimming in it - gone the sensation of being safe, cradled. Those were not so much memories but feelings and with each moment I spent exposed and in the sand (that I didn’t have a word for, really, but knew it must be a terrible word) those sensations were pulling further and further away from me. There was a brief, terrifying moment where I felt lonely in that gritty substance - as though I had been cast out and abandoned there.

But soon my eyes opened, rich brown eyes opening to a world that was too bright and too big and overall too much... until I found them. Another my size and two that were larger.

Instinct told me that despite the sand, despite the brightness, with these three I was still safe.

I was close to them but not as close as I wanted to be so I began to squirm, trying to figure out which way was supposed to be up, how I was supposed to get closer to them.

One, mother, nuzzled me and I felt warmth course through me at her touch and it reaffirmed those feelings of being safe, of belonging here, and I reached out to do the same to her. Only, my motions were jerky and uncoordinated even where I was lying so that I toppled forward and potentially hit brother instead of her. I squealed a little bit in indignation but as I fell forward I managed to get my forelegs beneath my body and that felt like a victory.

Slowly, carefully, I tried to continue and get the rest of my legs beneath as well - pushing on them and against that nasty sand so that I could try to stand.

It took a couple tries - each fall punctuated with a squeal and on the final attempt, I snorted (almost angrily) with the effort but finally succeeded in getting my legs beneath me.

But now that I was standing, I didn’t know what to do next.

image from flickr

Messages In This Thread
RE: three minus one plus two [birth, eventually] - by Vastra - 06-05-2016, 06:34 PM