the Rift

[PRIVATE] three minus one plus two [birth, eventually]

Vastra Posts: 58
Dragon's Throat Filly
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16.3 wfg :: 1 year
Sarah

As I’m looking around, trying to figure out what came after this instinct and need to stand, my dark brown eyes are drawn to the form of my brother - still on the ground but now moving to join me at this new height. It wasn’t nearly as sandy up here which made it vastly preferable. That one fact seemed to make everything worth it, even if it was a little confusing. But my attention was stuck on watching with bated breath, hoping that my brother, my twin, would be standing with me soon. As it had with me, it took him a few tries but soon he was standing and I felt a rush of delight at his success - more than I had with my own.

The sound that I was learning was my name is chirped from him and I’m impressed with how he was able to make the same noises as or mother - how he could make words! And then he was moving instead of just standing there and I whicker in delight at this development. “Cas!” I respond brightly with a rush of warmth and affection as he started to gum one of my ears. Tentatively I reach out to touch his neck, prodding him curiously and softly as though checking to see whether he was real.

I almost forgot that we weren’t alone and my attention is drawn back to our mother when she spoke to us again, beckoning us and using her great wings to encourage us toward her. I spread out my own small red wings, mimicking her action and taking my first few tentative steps toward her, wobbly and shaky and I lose my balance once, falling back to that awful stand before standing back up again and continuing the journey forward.

New instincts are replacing the one to stand and the empty sensation in my belly is suddenly one that I can no longer stand. Checking to make sure that my brother was coming too, I move closer to our mother and nose about before finally finding her milk.

But I’m aware of my brother’s needs so I keep checking to defer to him and make sure that he got his turn too.

image from flickr

@Castor

Messages In This Thread
RE: three minus one plus two [birth, eventually] - by Vastra - 06-19-2016, 12:26 PM