the Rift

[OPEN] fame

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Touch my world with your fingertips and we can have forever

He was anticipating her return. Everyday he lingered on the borders a little longer after his patrols, his gold eyes sweeping coldly back and forth across the grassy knolls that surrounded their homeland. He would send Loretta out to search for her, but for weeks now Loretta would come home alone. Archibald was beginning to grow worried--for his herdmate, his Champion, his love. He knew Ktulu could handle herself, but the winter had been harsh and the horses had been desperate. Archibald had fought off a few scavengers that attempted to raid the Hidden Falls throughout the winter, and it helped him make the decision to send his spies out to gain outcasts.

He hoped on one of those scouting missions someone would find Ktulu and accompany her home. No one had.

While he had not admitted defeat, Archibald was beginning to prepare himself for the worst. He would not admit that to anyone, but Loretta shared his heart. Stepping forward, the bitch pressed her forehead into his right knee and whined lowly, tail wagging in a banner-like fashion. She will come home, she always does. She followed you to the World's Edge, after all, and we didn't even know it. Loretta sent all the waves of comfort she could to her bonded, her salmon tongue rolling over his white-touched knee. She's coming. Just wait.

Archibald stayed silent and statuesque as hiss bonded tried to comfort him. When she finished, he blinked molten eyes and lowered his great head. With soft, white lips he massaged along her spine. Their bond was amazing, Archibald knew that, but it was times like these where only Loretta knew the hurricane berating his ribcage and heart cavity that he truly understood the depth and beauty of the gift the Earth God had given him.

A twig snapped in the distance and both members of the bonded pair shot their head up, blood going cold. Archibald's eyes narrowed and Loretta's head lowered, a small snarl starting in the base of her throat. "Eytan." Archibald breathed, however, stepping forward quickly when the bear lumbered out of the forest. The small grizzly did not waste any time--he turned and began to lumber through the forest again. Loretta rocketed after him, and Archibald came barreling behind, his body shaking the earth upon his arrival. He did not know how long they ran, but it felt like forever with burs and thorns grasping at his sides and feathers.

Finally he burst through the forest and she was there, standing, ragged and tired and bloody. Archibald did not stop. His gallop turned into a purposeful walk, but the momentum stayed. He closed the distance between them, ears pressed forward with curiosity, before lowering his head to breathe warm, comforting air into her nostrils. "Tell me."

art by semper

@Ktulu

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
fame - by Ktulu - 05-03-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: fame - by Archibald - 05-19-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: fame - by Murtagh - 05-21-2016, 08:40 PM
RE: fame - by Lakota - 05-21-2016, 09:47 PM