the Rift

To Your Grave I Spoke [Open]

Adura Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Adura
Sweet sleep, my dark angel

A soft touch trailed down the mare’s neck, bringing her to a semi-conscious state. Someone spoke gently to her, words like ‘home’, and ‘care’, meant to soothe. Adura’s head rose weakly, looking at the one who cared enough to offer assistance to a creature who may be beyond hope. For the briefest moment, she felt a jolt of hope. Her eyes saw brown eyes, black mane, and her broken heart recognized the traits as Azazel. The feeling died quickly though, mind cruelly pointing out that the angel had possessed the body of a man, not a pegasus. Other, more subtle differences emerged as well, such as the exact shade of the stallion’s eyes, the way his mane hung straight rather than curling. Not her angel, not the one she wished would somehow come for her.

Something inside had awakened though, a deep will to survive that had remained buried until now. Adura didn’t know what had caused it, perhaps this steed’s kind words, perhaps the new reality of an approaching death, but she did know one thing. She didn’t want to die, not like this. It was a struggle, fighting with the cold and her own frail body, but finally the femme managed to heave herself up. Snow cascaded down her sides, unwillingly giving up its victim. Unsteady legs trembled, threatening to give out at any time, but Adura was standing.

OOC:
Walking the walk
Talking the talk
Thinking my thoughts

Messages In This Thread
To Your Grave I Spoke [Open] - by Adura - 10-17-2012, 12:28 AM
RE: To Your Grave I Spoke [Open] - by Thor - 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM
RE: To Your Grave I Spoke [Open] - by Adura - 10-17-2012, 07:27 PM
RE: To Your Grave I Spoke [Open] - by Thor - 10-17-2012, 09:28 PM
RE: To Your Grave I Spoke [Open] - by Adura - 10-17-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: To Your Grave I Spoke [Open] - by Thor - 10-17-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: To Your Grave I Spoke [Open] - by Adura - 10-17-2012, 10:44 PM