the Rift

so i cover my eyes

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
I knew that the Threshold was essentially a place for members from herds to hang out and wait for newcomers to wander through so they could take them home, so I wasn't surprised when that happened to me. The mare that showed up to try and tempt me to go with her was rather ragged in her appearance and very skinny. Usually you only saw someone that skinny during Frostfall when food was scarce. Seeing her like that now made me assume that she was sick and tempted me to say 'come to the Dragon's Throat with me, one of our physicians will fix you up, but when she said her name I could feel a lump in my throat.

"Glacia. Mauja's daughter."

"Oh... you're...." I didn't know what to say, suddenly coming face to face with the mare that had Rhoa's kid. "You're ... Rhoa...." told me all about you. I could see why Rhoa had bred with her, though. Even though she was too thin and looked ragged I could still see just how pretty she could be. Thankfully another unicorn showed, one that seemed to know Glacia as well. I hadn't seen or met him before, I definitely would have remembered if I had.

"I'm Ranjiri." I finally spoke because his introduction had knocked me out of the stupor Glacia had put me in. "Artisan of the Dragon's Throat." Sorry you wasted your time on trying to recruit me.

But there was someone else that showed up and when I saw him the breath rushed out of my lungs as though I'd been kicked in the chest. "Uncle Archi." I hadn't realized just how much I'd missed my family until he showed up and it made tears sting my eyes. At that point Uncle Archi had my full attention. It was almost as if there were no one else there, like I had completely forgotten about them. I ran to him and I practically threw myself against his chest. I mean come on, he's Uncle Archi, nothing can hurt him.

"."

I cover my face
so nobody can see
the tears that fall onto my cheeks
or the holes inside of me

@Glacia @Rikyn @Archibald

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
so i cover my eyes - by Ranjiri - 05-03-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Glacia - 05-03-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Rikyn - 05-04-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Archibald - 05-16-2016, 01:53 PM