the Rift

so i cover my eyes

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

Ranjiri (the Artisan; I file her away in my list of important acquaintances, even manage a nod that makes my throat clench and stomach lean into itself) greets me after barely managing to hold it together after seeing Glacia, but it’s not pity that lines her face, that strikes her voice. It’s… pain? And it involves some person named Rhoa.

Any other time I’d smirk, and taunt, ‘so that’s his name, huh?’ A playful shoulder nudge, maybe. But one look at my childhood friend’s drawn expression and an earful of Ranjiri’s own sorrow make their way even through my dense sensibilities. Instead, my lips twitch ever so slightly – the only way I could feel tenser was if I suddenly farted, as loud as I’d ever farted in my life.

And that fart caught on fire.

As if it wasn’t already the most awkward Threshold gathering in the universe, a fourth arrival adds a big, black cherry to the top of it all. Archibald the Dauntless, Czar of the Hidden Falls, he announces (does that mean Midas is the Czar no more?). Even though he has no horn, I can’t help but like the cool, boss man demeanor of this guy, and nod with less emotional turmoil than I had to his winged niece (though I still don’t care much for it). His name rings with history lessons; he’s an opponent of the Aurora Basin, or had been at one point in his life. He’s a warrior, old blood, a man that even mother had been wary of when she’d gone waltzing up to the neighbor’s doors, her harlequin smiles all painted in place.

Uncle Archi, Ranjiri oozes, the emotional break that had swallowed her as I’d arrived completely vanishing for a new one.

I feel Glacia as she makes her leave, figuratively, and literally; her gentle touch to my shoulder draws my golden eyes away from the tearful reunion of the two strangers. She’s right. I have no place here, with these two, all happy and a family and shit.

A different tightness grabs me. It hurts, the way being lonely and not admitting it always does. I cover that emotional weakness by clearing my throat, making a graceful bob of my crown in farewell.

"I see you’ve no need for strangers, Ranjiri," I say with a smile, "though I do hope to meet with you again in the future."

A bow is given to the Czar, the prince in me knocking the outcast brigand over the head a few times to achieve this show of respect. I want to nod is all, but I shouldn’t shame my kin; the thought of mother’s face if I were to act like a classless shunt in front of the leader of the Falls almost makes me shiver.

"And an honor to meet you, Czar Archibald."

As you see, I have to deal with a girl…

Ugh.

I make my exit, a frown having swallowed my smiles the instant I was turned about to follow Glacia.

Image by Ghostly - Code by Tamme

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
so i cover my eyes - by Ranjiri - 05-03-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Glacia - 05-03-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Rikyn - 05-04-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Archibald - 05-16-2016, 01:53 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Ranjiri - 05-28-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Glacia - 05-31-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Rikyn - 06-01-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Archibald - 06-05-2016, 03:03 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Ranjiri - 06-21-2016, 10:02 PM