the Rift

so i cover my eyes

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
There was nothing quite like being held by Uncle Archi. He was warm and strong and comfortable and always made me feel safe when he was around. I hadn't had that feeling of comfort and safety since I'd left Helovia and I wasn't too keen on giving it up too quickly. I sighed against Uncle Archi's neck. I probably would have stayed wrapped up in his embrace for longer if he hadn't spoken and asked me to go home with him. I knew the implications of it. Leave the Throat and join the Falls.

Leave the Dragon's Throat.

The Throat had been my home for ... forever since ... since before the Hidden Falls had become the Hidden Falls. I'd made friends there, Cera was there, Gaucho and Rhoa and Mesec, and so many others that I cared about. Could I just leave? What would they think? Would they be angry with me? Would I hurt their feelings?

But Momma was in the Falls. Momma and Uncle Archi and Murtagh and Lakota... And my dad was buried there. I pulled myself away from Uncle Archi and I stared at him, still wondering. "I..." I paused, frowning. "I don't know..." What was I supposed to say? I just needed to think about it and weigh my options, as ridiculous as that sounded. I mean my mom and my little brother were there. "I'll think about it." I finally said and that would have to do because I couldn't make a decision like that spur of the moment.

"."

I cover my face
so nobody can see
the tears that fall onto my cheeks
or the holes inside of me

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
so i cover my eyes - by Ranjiri - 05-03-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Glacia - 05-03-2016, 09:53 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Rikyn - 05-04-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Archibald - 05-16-2016, 01:53 PM
RE: so i cover my eyes - by Ranjiri - 05-28-2016, 09:00 PM