the Rift

[OPEN] Sleeping where the falcons fly

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

I turn to check on my companion, ever present behind me as we search for the unnamed who fled our presence during the worst of the extended Frostfall. For the first several days tracking him was blissfully easy due to the snow he left impressions on, but as the weather shifted to allow the sun its turn to play it became difficult. The language barrier between Hildegunn and I only complicated matters as I could not ask her thoughts on giving up the search…but I would not trade her faithful company for anything. All I have ever known is how to be alone while pretending it does not affect me and searching, tracking, my brother Rift. To have the compact, lovely mare as a companion is a first and though I wonder why she pursues this stallion with me, I am beginning to count her as a friend. Friend.. I think the word before whispering it to the warm air, tasting the foreign word, “Friend.”

Blackened peaks twitch back to catch the sound of fading steps as Hildegunn slows.

Relentless in my endeavor to locate the confused man I realize I may have pushed too hard with too little rest and sustenance. A singular goal filled my thoughts leaving the absence of all else save the constant checks to assure my friend’s safety. Endurance is a well documented trait of my desert heritage, something I easily forgot the cold-crafted Hildegunn does not possess. There is a reason for her stockier build versus my narrow one and dark lids drift closed in troubled shame. Graceful legs slow to match the pace of the one behind me before coming to a complete stop just out of her sight. The absence of sound from her direction tells me she has decided to pause and I, in my guilt, stop as well. Shifting so I face the area she stopped in eyes scan the area ever on the watch for danger, strangers and an unnamed chimera.

It is during this scan I begin to despair fearing a loss of trail and the light in a blue-gray gaze dims.

My attention is ripped from the emerald forest to the now rumbling path as Hildegunn’s familiar steps call it there. The sound of my name from excited lips brings this melancholic form to meet with her before she reaches me. Quick to continue she speaks in the tongue I have scarcely dented but I cannot miss the word “han” when it falls from her mouth a second time. Han…he There is no other I know of that would bring such excitement to the mare’s voice except the one we seek. Eagerly, as hope crashes against reinforced barriers, I softly reply. “Han er her?” Hoping the words are correct in my rushed state I join her shifting gaze before eyes catch the sight of him. Seeking the mare’s  cocoa gaze I find her once more on the prowl for breakfast (or lunch? I have not kept track of time, it may even be dinner)

“Hildegunn!” my turn to nearly shout as charcoal limbs move to where the beast stands attempting to remove the band circling his midsection.

Hesitant steps bring me within range of his reach as relief for his survival begins to fall away upon review of raw, torn flesh where that infernal band lay. I do not need to wonder why he attempts to grab it and quietly I breathe out, “Chimera, would you like some help?” Too late, I realize I called him by the name I gave him when he failed to introduce himself those many nights ago. Delicate lips twitch into a small smile at this even while an indifferent mask struggles to drop into place. Mental fingers take this moment of indecision and stretch toward that darkened room where all emotion is locked away. The little girl of my memories screams, begging me to follow through with the small steps I begun to take toward regaining all I lost; in essence the entirety of myself.

Mental fingers fervently grasp at the wooden barrier, finding purchase on a loosened plank and beginning to tug before I quickly regain that ever present control.

"speech"

OOC:haha you know I don't mind powerplaying and you're right, Vu would not stop for many food breaks. XD  

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Sean - 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Hildegunn - 05-05-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Vu - 05-05-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Sean - 05-06-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Hildegunn - 05-10-2016, 05:12 AM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Vu - 05-11-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Sean - 05-13-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Hildegunn - 05-13-2016, 06:50 PM