the Rift

[OPEN] Sleeping where the falcons fly

Sean Posts: 12
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Angel
The blasted cord digs just out of reach and no matter how hard these lips pucker, the ivories gashing – I’m denied the privilege to snag it and loosen that painful knot. I’d already come to the conclusion (formed on past experience) that straining for the unreachable is heedless...which only left one logical choice. Abandon trying. Sadly, the determination that moves me is bull-headed to a fault. Subtly the air currents alter their course, sending a red flag musk to nip at my attention. That savory fragrance tightens my sore muscles and surges my blood to race beneath this flesh coat. It couldn't be. Despite the natural rejection that sooths me to ignore the sign, their memory -- that insane, dream-like evening replays in my mind. I shake my head, a wild spray of dirty hairs spur me gently across the face. Nostrils flare apart, sucking deep. When Vu's sudden cry lifts into the air, my vexing predicament is forgotten. I knew before she came into view. The folds of my throat compress until my breath is strangled. Eyes and ears jolt over to the unseen pair in one motion  – though both senses are skeptical (bordering disbelief) until the wingless duo shuffle past that thicket trail of hollow twigs. 

The aspiring deadpan of a woman appears, with a foreign shadow in tow.

My tongue prys itself from the figurative ground and recovers a bit of cheek, "Crikey...imagine that. What brought you about?" I've obviously no talent in masking the astonishment that leaks into my voice. This crown shifts forefront to regard them, cuing a perfectly numb stupor to settle on my face. The memory of our parting words rise to haunt me, bringing an uninvited flush of heat to both cheeks. When I walked away…there was never a moment of consideration that we would be standing face to face again anytime soon. If ever. Stunned lilacs study her veiled expression with a mix of uncertainty and vexation; my sore muscles ache in anticipation for that delicate snout to part with sarcasm dripping from her tongue like poison. Internally, I’m suspended – prepping myself for her scorn. But when Vu speaks, those words land softly; with no hint of sore humor. She is concerned...about me? Had her attention shifted elsewhere, I might've been tempted to glance away in search of the one called, Chimera. But there was no other fool standing before her scrutiny. Temples furrow slightly, confusion replaces the dumbstruck haze that fogs me. Why is she--or rather...why are THEY here? Irises narrow, studying the greyblue ring that guards Vu like a shield. My long, trail worn banner lifts to flick mindlessly at my heels. The silence between us is stagnant, baited. Amethysts flick momentarily to the one called, Hildegunn.

Her question still bounces around in my frontal lobe, awaiting a response. Agreeing to accept help would mean a release from physical discomfort... but it also signified a choice...and I'd given a good deal of thought toward that. My subconscious peeks over his wall of confinement, urging a response "actually," I admit, "...you can," the admission is whispered under the next breath. I've circled for days to no avail, without a path to guide me -- what was the point of this discipline? I turn in slow circle until my barrel, the biting rope and dark feathers are exposed. Chocolate shutters slide to half mast, cloaking the unease that sits behind my eyes.

SEAN

Messages In This Thread
Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Sean - 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Hildegunn - 05-05-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Vu - 05-05-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Sean - 05-06-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Hildegunn - 05-10-2016, 05:12 AM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Vu - 05-11-2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Sean - 05-13-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Hildegunn - 05-13-2016, 06:50 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Vu - 05-14-2016, 06:34 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Sean - 05-17-2016, 10:00 PM