the Rift

[OPEN] Sleeping where the falcons fly

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

Oh to take flight as birds so often do…

I know he is speaking in my direction but all I can do is watch as a memory rolls across my mind’s eye; though it is hazy through the lens of youth. One of my sisters, Reverie, and I are roaming around in the area our mother marked as safe for us to play in. I cannot be certain but it must have been at least springtime if not summer because I can still recall the sun’s warmth from that day. Reverie! Look over here! This sibling often indulged my whimsical nature and came to my side to peer down at a small red-breasted creature laying perfectly still on the ground. What’s the matter with it? A tiny black hoof gently prods at it as Reverie whispers the truth of its state; it is dead, her voice somber. My slim form visibly droops as downcast eyes fill with tears and yet before a tear can fall to the earth the creature stirs and peers up at its audience before sluggishly darting into the skies. With widened eyes I squealed in delightful fascination and my sister informed it that the bird must have been stunned. Bird… and thus a love for birds grew in my child’s heart as I eagerly soaked up all known knowledge on them from my family.

Cerulean eyes brighten as a mask falls to the side for a broken moment in time.

Loose dirt and sticks shaking draw my focus back in time to see Sean soar into the sky much like the bird from my memory; sluggish but determined. My gaze tracks him through the overhang for as long as possible, pure delight radiating from blackened features until I can no longer see his chimera form. Hildegunn’s soft voice sends my attention her way and I quickly speak to reassure; though she may not understand, she hopefully at least recognizes my tone is not one of distress or concern. “He is coming back.” Excited eyes seek out hers and I continue, “His wings are magnificent, Hildegunn, are they not?” I desperately wish we could communicate freely but the road to mutual understand is a slow, unpaved, journey…I know someday though our vocabularies will catch up to one another.

Lips curl upward in a rare effortless smile as eyes train themselves back to the sky.

At that moment I watch Sean circle back to return to our group and anxiously watch for the grace that seems to permeate from all winged creatures as they descend. I am hard-pressed to keep my lips clamped shut and the laughter at bay as I am humorously disappointed by his landing. What can only be felt as his own disappointment to me while he speaks cracks an already tattered heart. I take a step closer to him. “Oh Sean, I am sorry to be the one to tell you.” I very nearly continue with an inquiry to see if he is all right but I stop myself…how could anyone be consider well under these circumstances? Even I can relate on some level as I feel lost the majority of the time; unwanted and alone, so completely alone. Hildegunn’s voice drifts over me and I pick up on a few words that I have learned in my time with the sandy mare. Du..you….hjelpe…helping I do not quite understand what she is attempting to convey but even a blind man could tell by her sweet pitch she means only the best for the defeated stallion. I nod in her direction not doubting for even a moment that I would agree with her if I understood. “Is there anything you can remember about your journey?” Inky head swivels back to Sean, eyes far less animated than before.

Weary heart beats sadly as a darkened nose is offered to the chimera.

"speech"

OOC:   

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Sean - 05-04-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Hildegunn - 05-05-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Vu - 05-05-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Sean - 05-06-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Hildegunn - 05-10-2016, 05:12 AM
RE: Sleeping where the falcons fly - by Vu - 05-11-2016, 07:38 PM