the Rift

[OPEN] There is a hole in the world

Vu Posts: 28
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3 :: 3 (Orangemoon)
Istina

The hopeless longing of the Day.

I look past the unicorn’s form in the direction he arrived from, nerves building an oppressive cluster around my heart as it beats a staccato rhythm. Can I do this? Give up the freedom I have grown horribly accustomed to and be chained to a life where others view themselves as more important than me. Barking orders and carrying on with silver spoons dangling from their flapping maws. I suppress a shiver threatening to overcome my blackened frame and cerulean eyes dim. You are being rude to your host, stand up straight! My mother’s harsh voice slams into my brain and immediately I straighten my posture as my attention snaps to the stallion. I observe him carefully and it pleases me to see he remains much like when we first met; his previous kindness instilling an almost instant fondness for him in my chest.

Azure eyes do not blink as their gaze travels over him.

He appears to be mildly distracted though I remain unsure, it could be my nerves attempting to gain control and cause chaotic thoughts to bloom to life. The lost girl locked away in the room of my mind peers out through the crack in the cage, hope lingering on her face and inked lids close for the briefest of moments. Maybe this is what I truly want…a place to call home. The life of a nomad is never easy and I find myself silently musing even as Ciceron’s words wash over me.

Coaled lips tilt further upward.

Eyes brighten in response to his enthusiasm but before I can physically or verbally respond he touches me and instantly my slender muscles tense as I take a fraction of a step back. Vu! The image of my mother’s scolding face forces its way to the forefront of my mind. Outwardly I wince, embarrassment coloring my features and I cautiously step forward, speaking as I move to place my own velveteen nose to where his jaw meets neck (should he allow me after that awful display of manners). “Forgive me.” The words are whispered near his ear and my tone promises to explain another time. I pull back and attempt to find his silver gaze, “Thank you for the welcome, Ciceron. I am in your debt for such kindness.” My brother’s silence is not lost on me but I leave him to it; Rift has always been a bit of mystery and perhaps he wishes to give me a chance to become acquainted with the idea of herd life. Softly, I pose a question to the unicorn, “Perhaps you could show me around?”
Cerulean eyes peer at him and for once, a well-loved mask is not worn as hope shimmers lightly on dark features.

And smile on thy new world.

"speech"

OOC: That's quite all right <3  

@Ciceron
@Rift (Just join in when you can lovey)

-All magic and force are permitted barring serious injury and/or death-
-Powerplay outside of fighting is permitted-
-Please tag in all replies-

Messages In This Thread
There is a hole in the world - by Vu - 05-04-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: There is a hole in the world - by Rift - 05-05-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: There is a hole in the world - by Vu - 05-14-2016, 07:05 PM