the Rift

[OPEN] They Fall Down and Get Up

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
blood coursing in the veins of the moon.
“What?!” The snapping of the first mare - with the white skull mask - made some sense and it was no surprise to be treated with animosity if he had intruded on something private. But the explosion from the younger unicorn blindsided him and his silver eyes widened in surprise. The intensity of the anger rose like a sudden flame, shooting across the distance between them as she spat her words at him - accusing him of doing something to Nymeria (presumably her friend). Every flicker of movement in her body spoke of that wildfire in her and roared of danger. “No, I didn’t do anything!” But after that quick defense, Mesec quickly decided that shouting back at the younger unicorn might not be the best way to convince either of him that he wasn’t a threat - not in this form.

So he took a small step backwards, lowering his head slightly and forcing the lines of his body to relax - hoping to convey with every line of his body that he meant neither of them any harm. He would defend himself against any attack - sending a silent word of prayer to his mother that if it came to a fight, he wouldn’t shift and make things worse. At least he could teleport away, remove himself quickly from the situation, if he was lucky enough to have enough energy to grasp that magic. Instead of trying that first, which Lucius counselled would be the wiser choice, he would try to diffuse the tension he thought he had brought in.

When he spoke again, he tried to make up for his disruptive entrance. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you - either of you.” His silver eyes flickered between the unicorn and equine, his expression sad and concerned. “It was a stupid question, I see that now, I just...” He didn’t know what happened to this Nymeria but whatever it was, it was bad - possibly even at the hands of a stallion from how quickly her friend was to place blame on Mesec when he arrived. The assumptions he made roused an anger in him as much as it did sadness that there were those out there that could do such things.

“I was... am -” He corrected himself - the hostility of both of the mares hadn’t changed anything “- genuinely concerned. Stranger or not, I will help if I can but if my presence is upsetting I’ll leave.” Mesec didn’t even know if there was something he could do if he stuck around but if his absence would help mend anything he would happily give it. “I am sorry.” For interrupting, for whatever had happened, his voice was low, soft, and filled with sincerity.

image credits

@Nymeria
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
They Fall Down and Get Up - by Själ - 05-04-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Nymeria - 05-12-2016, 07:52 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Själ - 05-14-2016, 09:01 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Nymeria - 05-15-2016, 04:53 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Själ - 05-15-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Mesec - 05-16-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: They Fall Down and Get Up - by Nymeria - 05-16-2016, 09:26 PM