the Rift

[OPEN] young tree [hatching]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Amusement trills through me, unrequited, ushered in from the fawn’s heart as Remy pulled upwards onto his haunches, becoming a gold swathed and dappled tree. That they match just now dawns on my thoughts as I glance over at him with exasperation, not at all used to the sensation of being two beings, especially as easily delighted as the half which Duir is.

He ignores me. They sniff at each other curiously, Duir ending the gesture by sweeping his crownless skull upwards in the most regal way I’ve ever seen a baby do anything, large ears pulling about so that he stands like a King of Children and the Forest all in the same visage. It’s in his eyes, those big, emerald pools that twinkle with something reminiscent of the bottomless Starpool; he looks up towards Rexanna with his bonded when her sweet serenade ushers forth again.

His young gaze twinkles with earnest bashfulness at being mentioned by such a pretty mare in all the ways mine shines in slanderous, arrogant glee. She almost stumbles around her own companion’s name, which makes Duir’s soul twinkle with humor almost as much as it does my own – but he manages to hide his from making it to his face, while my lips curve into a deeper smile than the eager one already presented.

She seems to know, changing it to Remy, which sings with truth as much as her laughter makes me want to laugh along with her. Instead, my smile becomes dopey, and Duir awkwardly returns his focus to the polecat, disinterested in (perhaps even ashamed of) youthful unicorn male desires. A small snort busts from his nose – almost like an exasperated laugh.

Her chains sing, too, when she sweeps in closer, trailing the womanly perfume that all ladies seem to waft about carelessly, her curves all the more obvious where the gold presses against her own shining pelt. She continues the conversation about our companions – I obviously know very little about my brand new deer. She, on the other hand, has a firm grasp of her Marembo. Her laughter does inspire my own this time, my aureate eyes moving again to the pair of bonded creatures, Duir now prancing on his delicate, willow legs towards a nearby fallen log, eagerly glancing back to Remy as if inviting him to follow.

"They seem to get along alright," I say with a glance back to the blue eyed beauty alongside me.

Duir’s heart thrums with touch, touch, look, move, go, go, but they are not words: they are urges. My hooves move as if to follow him despite the fact that I want to stand here and talk to Rexanna, that I’m looking now with the hope she’ll turn her crystal gaze again my way, blessedly saved by her mentioning one truthful fact: that Duir is beautiful.

It makes him stop dead in his tracks (subsequently culling my own impulsive movement as well), his little head rising with his forest eyes broad and luminous, almost glistening as panic and delight meld into one throbbing emotion, beating against my arrogant joy that she praises my newborn companion so. He is beautiful, though, all struck with lightning, alive with forest shadow and shining gold. While I had always thought I’d wind up with a griffon or a hellhound like my parents, the mere sight of him had chased those dreams away. He was real, a true gift from a trail of beautiful, golden light; besides, we look good together, if I may say so myself.

It’s my turn to laugh now, not the awkwardly social laughter born of another’s, but a true rolling river of sound. Duir’s shock is so stunningly different than my own feelings on the matter, his little face so very, very emotional that it’s hard not to let out a good row of chuckles at the matter.

"It’s a good thing to be told you’re handsome by a pretty woman, Duir!" I call out to him laughingly, winking at Rexanna playfully. Something in my shout brings the buck back down from his surprise, his tail again whirling as his brows furrow at me, a rough snort wrinkling his nose slightly before he bounds back off towards the fallen tree.

"He means thank you," I continue to jest, because rather his soulful urges have changed from the curious pull of youth to touch the shit out of everything to going away. I, on the other hand, am going no where. He will just have to deal with that, I think, the first of many thousands of times I will think this in our lives together. "I must be well liked by some Divine being or another."

I smile and chuckle, playfully, not really meaning my words while meaning them at the same time. I had been told by the Time God that I was worthy of his pride post Bear God slaying, after all. Such a thing made a boy’s head grow exponentially – and it had already been pretty big before then.

"How long have you and Remy been together?" I ask, eager to continue the conversation.

[ OOC: eeeeee thank you! I'm in love with him already <3 ]

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 05-06-2016, 09:24 AM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 05-06-2016, 10:51 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 05-11-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 05-11-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 05-19-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 05-20-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 05-31-2016, 11:59 AM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 06-03-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 06-14-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rexanna - 06-18-2016, 01:09 AM
RE: young tree [hatching] - by Rikyn - 06-22-2016, 02:06 PM