the Rift

[OPEN] c o u n t i n g

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
The locking of heads seems to leave the little, winged colt dazed; a smile that I don’t mean to make sneaks onto my face, and my buck’s soul only exacerbates the situation, dancing and flickering in the midst of my thoughts with childish abandon. The cranial assault led by Duir is cut short as the hybrid bolts, making me laugh out loud despite my better thoughts to not, and the young cerndyr pivot about to look at both me and the boy with surprise, and disappointment.

"It’s not fun for him," I explain, and the buck looks around my side at the colt with an imploring apology writ across his face; its sincere enough, even if he is a bit confused still. The boy had started it, after all.

I glance back at the little feathered runt, chuckles still occasionally escaping when I think of his tiny terror. His dark eyes meet with mine and the laughter stills. Again I feel the odd lure of innocence; it negates everything I’ve been taught about how I should hate him for being a curse upon this world. At the end of the day, he hadn’t ask to be born (he couldn’t even talk, if we’re going to be overtly literal). If it was anyone’s fault, it was whoever made him, and they probably hadn’t known better, either.

Was this how mother had felt (if she felt anything) as she’d looked into Aithniel’s eyes; mine, as I’d plead for her life?

A frustrating conundrum of the soul; the desire to be more, and to be better, when all the roads bend and weave together, occasionally darting into separate directions.

How do you know which to walk?

"You live in the Aurora Basin, with the big lake and all the caves?" I ask. Maybe his mom is an idiot, and he doesn’t know where he lives yet. Doubts about her maternal capabilities slip more and more into my awareness the longer I hang out with her son, untended. Alone.

I don’t want to be the one who’s responsible for leaving the male version of Arwen to the cruel antics of some malevolent child. Again, I look out across the horizon for anyone who might claim him, make sure he made it home safe and sound, carrying all these sudden, unwanted concerns away with them. I’d take an elk, a badger, Thranduil… anyone.

There is no one nearby but me, and my deer.

Fuck me.

[ OOC: omg yes he needs more responsibility in his life! it may also help him get over his whole hybrids suck thing when grandmother Moon smacks him ugly for being a jerk. :'D he will also of course have to apologize to or make up with ki'irha in the process and i'm already laughing ]

there's no place to hide down here
Image Credit

@Virga

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 05-08-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 05-12-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-19-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-27-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-30-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 07-10-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 07-13-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 07-17-2016, 08:50 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 07-30-2016, 10:55 AM