the Rift

[OPEN] c o u n t i n g

Virga Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Tribrid :: Growing :: yearling
kae

Were you more attentive, you'd be immensely grateful for Rikyn's presence and his ability (however reluctant) to mediate between yourself and the buck. For all your youthful enthusiasm, your impetuous verve, you really don't understand social interaction at all. So Duir is confused, but you're more confused, forgetting all about your initiation of play and remembering only what the fuck man why'd you headbutt me — a situation which would, inevitably, reverse had you been the one dealing damage. You peer out hesitantly at Duir, certain you'll forgive him (forget what he did) in a moment, but also more secure in your budding knowledge that nothing in the world is particularly trustworthy.

Presently, your growing cynicism is interrupted by the realization the big one is talking.

To you.

Your dumb head swings around as if no one in your life, ever, has spoken to you before. A second later, though, the surprise and consternation melt away as you try to figure out what exactly it is he asked. You're not very good at paying attention, yet. Was it something about the Basin? Your head nods even though you're not super sure what you're responding to, and remembering Mama, you look around, certain she'll appear because you want her to.

She doesn't.

That's not too weird, though, because she's occasionally bad at teleporting to your side — a flaw growing in size with every day you get older. Your tail flicks, half betrayal of the thought wheeling through your head and half nervous agitation, as you step away from the big stallion's side. Your head turns, first one way and then the other, like a compass needle searching for north. You know the way home... You know, because you live there, and it's the single most important bit of knowledge currently stuck between your ears. You attempt to retrace your steps. Around that big rock tipped on its side, or the one shaped like a marmot? You trot a few steps in a random direction, pause, and throw a glance back at the adult — not because you expect him to help, but because you just remembered him again and wonder what he's doing. Is he coming home with you? To meet Mama? To meet Vesper?

A startling realization: You don't actually know what to do with a friend. You've never had one before.

Virga
silver horses chased down moonbeams in your dark eyes

image credits

@Rikyn

Messages In This Thread
c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 05-08-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 05-12-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-19-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 06-27-2016, 12:23 PM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Rikyn - 06-30-2016, 11:38 AM
RE: c o u n t i n g - by Virga - 07-10-2016, 10:06 PM