the Rift

go bother salmon else [Common SS]

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
"I'll let them know what bad means."
I didn't have to sneak out behind Mother's back per usual, instead watching her willingly let me go out on my own (it's a miracle!) as a so called "reward for my improvement". I have a feeling it's all because of my behavior over the past few weeks, of me playing the stoic and intelligent child she's always dreamed of having— an observant illusionist, where my emotions are sinking further and further away from the surface and my eyes are keen. I've held my tongue and preached of supremacy all for her satisfaction and approval— itching to be her favourite despite knowing full well that I may never get that title (not with my small physique and shitty personality).

So I took the chance and booked it, making sure beforehand that she was in a well enough mood and wouldn't come barreling after me prepared to bite my head off (a real threat). I take my time picking my way through the forest until I reach the edge, scattered shards of light breaking through the canopy as I step beyond the boundaries of the forest and march on. I don't have any predetermined destination, letting my hooves carry me where they wish— following that subtle pull of magic towards a location I've been to only once before.

It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that I return to the same place I received my crown for a second prize, bubblegum eyes instantly drawn to the gathered few around the small body of water— shimmering red reflecting all the curious faces as they gaze at something in awe. My strides lengthen (to as long as they can get with these short and stubby legs), carrying me to the object of awe.

It's an egg, mottled and precious— drawing me in with hums and a tugging in my gut— like magic almost. It seems I'm not the only one, for everyone else has their eyes drawn to the egg and the fish submerged beside the nest, seemingly waiting for us all to gather. Others have stooped down to eat up hazelnuts that are scattered around our feet, my eyes trailing after each hazelnut that gets consumed before focusing on one of the ones presented to me (more like conveniently placed). Do I eat one too?

As everyone else is, I take the time to take one up into my mouth, chewing thoughtfully at the brand new taste. Interesting... I don't know why we've all decided to eat these hazelnuts before this pond specifically, and why no one else has complained about the sogginess of the nuts, but it seems to me that there is a reason behind it. Others are beginning to comment on the fish, calling her brave and thoughtful for her actions— deeming her "mother fish". Did the fish even understand us? I peer at her (why are we even assuming it's a her?) Probably because father's always fail to be there (which isn't true, but from my experience...).

It's a kind gesture to guard an egg that is not her own, a motherly instinct perhaps (if we're assuming that fish is female)— but understandable. She could have simply left it, swam away and done whatever fish do, yet she chose to stay by its side. Whatever life lies within the egg is surely precious (the egg is considerably larger than any bird egg I've happened upon, and this magic— it must be something special), and maybe the fish was also drawn to the quiet power it emits? Whatever the case, we were all here now with unknowing need to possess the egg she so dutifully keeps safe. "A very admirable action."

"Talk."

wishlist, seeking a red dragon w/ fire breath
kid
the boy king
image credits

made by reli

tag me in everything

Messages In This Thread
RE: go bother salmon else [Common SS] - by Draevo - 05-11-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: go bother salmon else [Common SS] - by Kid - 05-11-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: go bother salmon else [Common SS] - by Erebos - 05-11-2016, 06:20 PM
RE: go bother salmon else [Common SS] - by Ilios - 05-12-2016, 02:10 AM