the Rift

[PRIVATE] The drums were sounded

Adaeze Posts: 32
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6
ali
   Adaeze</style>
  </style>

Ada raised a 'brow' at Tembovu's rash answer to her question about how far he was able to travel from the herd's borders. "No need to be so snappy, Tembovu." The mare snorted. She had to suppress herself from rolling her eyes as he admitted that he needed to stay near, if not within the Edge's borders. Really? Were they that dependent on him that he couldn't have a life outside of the Edge's borders?

Her attempt at lightening the mood was an utter failure. Both the tone of Tembovu's voice and the look on his face sent a pang of guilt through the spotted mare. Perhaps it had been insensitive of her to joke about something as serious as what had happened in Dorobo. Yes, it had affected her physically and emotionally but Tembovu had not been unscathed. "I'm sorry, Temby." The spotted mare finally said. "Its just ... its something that I'd rather joke about because if I didn't I'd cry about it." She tried to explain. "And I've done enough crying to last me the rest of my life. But I get it, I won't joke about it around you again."

“I did not think I would see you again. I though, in Dorobo, that it was goodbye. I never envisioned myself escaping alive.”

"I don't think any of us planned on escaping alive, Tembovu." the cheetah replied. "I never intended on leaving Dorobo. I planned on dying there with..." with the rest of my family. "But you." She laughed a little and shook her head. "For whatever reason you made it your mission to make sure that I got out alive and I just..." I just can't understand why. Was it because he felt bad about what he'd done to her? Was he trying to make amends for all the hurt he and his soldiers had caused? Or was it that they had become the unlikeliest of friends. Whatever the reason was she was glad that he'd saved her and she was glad that he'd made it out of Dorobo alive. "I'm glad you made it out." She voiced what she was thinking. "I didn't want you to die there."

"You'll be happy to know that Aji is here."

A smile made its way across her face at the new that Tembovu shared with her. "Really?" She laughed. "But I can't say that I'm surprised, I never thought that slimy bastard would die in Dorobo. If you see him before I do tell him I said hi." She would save the sharp jabs and snotty remarks for when they finally met face to face.

"."

Credits

Messages In This Thread
The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-13-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-13-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-14-2016, 11:38 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-15-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-15-2016, 09:22 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-15-2016, 11:16 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 05-24-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Adaeze - 05-24-2016, 04:09 PM
RE: The drums were sounded - by Tembovu - 06-01-2016, 02:38 AM