the Rift

[PRIVATE] this ship has taken me far away

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather

The beautiful amount of compassion shown almost had the maiden drawn into tears, but she quietly blinked them away as Raeden proffered what had once been hers – watching the trinket fall gracefully to the ground, then to the little deer’s maw, still gilded, still shining, still as radiant as the day it’d been found. She looked at it, the opulent splendor, the wondrous gold, everything she’d imagined Roland to be, contained in the threads of sewn metal and varnished wealth, and wondered, for the thousandth time, why and how and when she hadn’t been enough for him. “Thank you so much,” the nymph granted and obliged, uncertain as to how she could repay the femme, eyes glancing towards the pale mare, listening to all her statements, all her proclamations. The smile returned to her features, no longer so haunted, so melancholy, restored and renewed by the passions shown by another; she laughed a little, trying to wear away the stiffness, the regrets, the rancor that had been staining and tarnishing her features. “Is there anything I can do for you in return?”  Her gaze flicked back and forth, from the fawn to the mare, Imogen kindly reaching for the circlet and taking it from the outstretched wiles of the radiant buck, enclosing it between her teeth in safekeeping. The fox even gave the other companion a firm nod, stalwart and protective, ensuring valor, intrepidity, and security through embers and blood; the jewels wouldn’t be lost or taken again under her watch. Where they’d go, where they’d land, where they’d be taken to was another matter entirely – and the kitsune could feel her bonded’s mind whirling with the possibilities, with the anguish, of the ultimate decision. Her hopes were no longer encased in butterfly wings or flickers of the sun; she’d seen them cast aside far too many times. Perhaps the hour, the instant, the moment would come where she could answer the cumbersome question, but for now, she just swallowed the choices for another day. 

Lena
where there is love, there is life.

image by safetylast @ flickr.com

@Raeden

Messages In This Thread
this ship has taken me far away - by Lena - 05-14-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: this ship has taken me far away - by Raeden - 05-17-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: this ship has taken me far away - by Lena - 05-21-2016, 07:29 PM
RE: this ship has taken me far away - by Raeden - 05-30-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: this ship has taken me far away - by Lena - 06-14-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: this ship has taken me far away - by Raeden - 07-20-2016, 09:19 PM
RE: this ship has taken me far away - by Lena - 07-23-2016, 06:52 PM