the Rift

[PRIVATE] Pride and Glory

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Not boy. Tyrath. The name sends a shiver of delight down his spine. He thinks of his sire, Tyradon - ah, the great man would be proud to see the first half of his name carried down through the generations! "A fine name - your mother has good taste. Mine is Volterra." She has excellent taste - she chose to bed me, and that created you. The stallion's hard muscles quiver with delight.

Yes, he decides - he much prefers meeting his children when they're young, before they grow to hate him for his unintended absence. They are far more easily moulded at this tender age.

The boy's eyes rest upon Vadir, and the golden queen preens beneath his stare. She might see him as little more than an irrelevant speck of dirt, but she is a narcissistic creature who will never turn down some admiration. Vérzés swells with jealousy, his tail swinging behind him with irritation. "I hope you teach hatchling that scale colour matter less than strong heart and strong body." The red knows as well as Volterra that the black leviathan does not need Vadir - she is simply the crowning glory of his power, his precious queen. But Vérzés believes that scale colour does not make a dragon strong; they are to be respected for their feats, not their high birth. To an extent, Volterra agrees - he, like Vérzés, is lowborn, a mongrel, and yet they are both destined for greatness, they are both power incarnate.

But he wants his son to have an eye for the best, for royalty, so he quells the red's objections in an instant. Vadir croons her delight.

The boy asks why the dragons were at his birth, and the monstrous stallion flashes him a small, dark smile. "They belong to me," he rumbles in his thick baritone. Both dragons huff their objection at being referred to as possessions, and Vadir's claws hook slightly deeper into his skin. "And I happen to be your father, Tyrath. Unfortunately, my lack of wings prevented me from attending your birth in person, but I could not simply fail to be there. So I sent the dragons to be my eyes and ears." He falls silent, to let this information sink in.

image credits

@Tyrath

OOC: HMMM do you just want to do it in your post? I was thinking Vol could initially disable it and then Tyrath land the killing blow? OR MAYBE there could be two - one each? ;D

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
Pride and Glory - by Tyrath - 05-15-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: Pride and Glory - by Volterra - 05-15-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: Pride and Glory - by Tyrath - 05-15-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: Pride and Glory - by Volterra - 05-16-2016, 04:22 PM
RE: Pride and Glory - by Tyrath - 05-16-2016, 05:44 PM
RE: Pride and Glory - by Volterra - 05-21-2016, 07:48 AM
RE: Pride and Glory - by Tyrath - 05-21-2016, 08:47 AM
RE: Pride and Glory - by Volterra - 05-23-2016, 02:33 PM
RE: Pride and Glory - by Tyrath - 05-25-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Pride and Glory - by Volterra - 06-08-2016, 04:42 PM