the Rift

[OPEN] Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS]

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

He called out, a summons ringing across the lands to bring forth those who reigned, those who served and those who were inclined to listen. She would belong to the latter parts, the rabble (not necessarily common) and the extras, a spectator to the ceremonies of kings, queens and gods. One day, perhaps, she might come to take the place of the summoner, might earn her place in the circle of power, of wisdom and renown. For now, however, she would remain on the sidelines, on the precepts of youth and ignorance and a certain degree of respect - more important than affection at this point - for those older and more experienced than herself. If perhaps not content with her role, Erthë could at least appreciate the necessity to accept it, for the time being, if only because she did not wish to make a fool out of herself.

She appeared none the less, a wisp of a girl stepping out of the folds of mist with a new ease of stride that was as unusual as it was transient, with laughter in her eyes and an eagerness to her bearing that spoke volumes. Loving this new trick of appearing and disappearing in the swirling fog, she was almost disappointed that there was no further reason to flit between places; she emerged before Alune mere moments after the last notes of his voice faded and moved up to take her place by his side.

"Already?" she commented as she registered the location and time and guessed at his intentions - not at all disappointed but rather appearing surprised at how quickly time passed. "It seems to me that the last summoning was only yesterday. Then again, it was ages since we had a talk, dear teacher. Perhaps when this is over?"

There was a slight barb in her tone as Erthë glanced up at the tall Seer, an accusatory bite that suggested he had been less forthcoming with his lessons than expected. Still, the smile that followed was easy enough and the nip aimed at a blue shoulder playful, gentled by the honest desire to learn from him. He knew much that she did not, possessed a wealth of information she could only begin to guess at, and Erthë found it frustrating that there was no quicker way to learn than to ask questions.

It was a matter for another time however, because this was not her place to sate curiosity. Making a show of settling in to wait patiently Erthë looked to see who else would be joining them, and once everyone was in place she began to look about. An expectant smile grew across her lips as she wondered how the Lady would choose to appear this time around, if she would indeed appear at all. What would the king inquire about this season, and would he receive an answer?

Ah, it was so exciting, always intriguing to watch her Goddess interact with mortals such as they. Erthë never knew what would happen, and some way or another she always left these meetings with the realization that she had learned something new.

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS] - by Alune - 05-15-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS] - by Erthë - 05-15-2016, 06:49 PM