the Rift

[OPEN] Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS]

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova

A familiar voice cut through the mist and his thoughts, pale eyes switched their gaze from the mists to the form of his young apprentice. She was growing, faster and faster time accelerated his blessing of age upon her delicate form. Part of the blue giant was loathe to admit it, soon she'd be a young woman capable of even more than she had seen and accomplished in her short life. It drew a worried, internal sigh from the Seer and his sloping shoulder's shifted with the notion. Now wasn't the time for him to fret over Erthe, as much as it was now a sport for the Seer, she strode forward with all the sweetness and light wrapped around her person and it drew a smile from his starry muzzle.

She spoke, and he didn't miss the barb directed at him. Alune had been awfully absent in his teachings, hadn't he? It was far from intentional, he delighted that she wished to know more about the vastness out there and all that was of the Moon Goddess. The Edge lacked that spark and fire, to know more about the divine lady and the patron of their herd. They would do well to take a leaf out of the little ones book. "Indeed, already." Her playful nip is returned by his muzzle pressed against her neck in a playful nudge, accompanied by a gentle lip at her forelock before he drew back. "After we are done here, we shall finally have that lesson. I promise."

Their Queen made an appearance and Alune took a moment to bow his head towards her, low and humbled by her appearance. Was Tembovu not with her? The Seer spared a fleeting thought but in the end dismissed it, surely their King would be along. Lateness was forgivable, unless one missed the party entirely, and there was little fun in that, was there?

Well of course you do my little ducklings

Her siren voice reached them before her divine body swirled to life from fog and shadow. Despite the dark powers she governed, she glowed, such as was her right for she was as beautiful as she was deadly. Alune's head dipped towards the lavender goddess, lower than he would for anyone else. "It is troublesome to find those willing to give up their secrets, more so to find those who would willingly share them." Indeed, it was frustratingly troublesome. Helovian's were not so open or so kind to share what they had earned so that others may ascend. No matter, he would succeed by hook or by crook. "Fear not, my Lady, I will complete my task. I know beauty does not like to wait."

His next words were halted by Tembovu's appearance, and silver orbs flicked to the plains marked King and offered him a nod of welcome. Fashionably late, and filled with idea's no less. Alune's ears perked forward, mulling over the idea's Tembovu had for the Goddess. They did need protection, that the Seer could agree on. His homeland, despite it's peaceful reign, had continued defenses and support of an army even when they were no longer needed. Here it would bode ill if they could not at least repel or make attackers work to meet them on the battlefield, you never truly knew who or what lurked between other herds and the space beyond.

Their spike wall could pose a problem as well, just as it could keep attackers out, it would keep those needing to flee in. In the event of an invasion, their defenses could be turned against them to keep them imprisoned. Dark thoughts, but there was no love in war. They would need a fail safe, a route out should the only way out be blocked. "Perhaps there is some kind of enchantment we can place on them, to make them more efficient." He rumbled, his words careful and thought out as his eyes turned from the King back to the Goddess. "The spikes could prove troublesome, if attackers managed to breach our home, they could be used to corral us, and not allow those unable to fight the chance to escape. Enchanting it to lower by a particular word, maybe, or a number of words, would mean we could lower certain parts of the wall to allow for escape. We could keep the majority of the wall up to still provide a viable defense, than have the entire wall to lower." Would they see the merit in separate words for certain sections? Would the Goddess approve?

The Arcweaver's Circle

Credits: Image by Danjah! @ DA

@Mythical Request @Tembovu @Elsa

@Erthë
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Messages In This Thread
Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS] - by Alune - 05-15-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS] - by Alune - 05-27-2016, 03:48 AM