the Rift

[OPEN] Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the MOON

Shadows and lies

I will complete my task. I know beauty does not like to wait. The Goddess purred a spout of silvery laughter at this, and nodding her delicate skull approvingly towards her Seer. Some proffered flattery poorly, thinking that only offering compliments was enough to win over her vanity. But she was a much more complex being than all that - as all women are - and it took more than a pretty word to turn her head. But Alune ... oh yes. She had chosen well with him.

Her attention was diverted as Tembovu arrived, and she sighed a sound bordering on annoyance. Still, her lilac skull dipped to return his greeting, tail swishing slightly.

Whatever air of irritation might have been present on her features disappeared, and a sort of amused curiosity took its place. She waited until he was done - listening with a much more rapt gaze as Alune interjected his own thoughts, before turning back to Tembovu.

"Why darling you shouldn't have to ask at all." Her silvery gaze was a solid mass of molten silver, hard and unyielding, despite the fact that the rest of her face was relax - almost amused looking. "You thank me for my appearance, but really it is Alune you should thank. He is my chosen, and it is he whose voice I listen to from the shadows. I have not picked him as a doorbell, to ring me down when you need me, but as a mouthpiece to confer with. What point is there of a Seer, if you do not trust him to relay the herd's updates and needs to me?" Her tail flicked, posture still calm, though eyes hard on Temobvu. They rolled to Elsa for a moment, narrowing slightly, yet heatlessly.

"I do not mind the attention, but nor do I require such a gathering."

Now the hardness of her gaze departed as she looked to Alune. "Besides, he is quite handsome after all. Why shouldn't I want to be alone with my chosen one?"

Her shoulders shrugged daintly as she winked towards the Seer, before turning back to Tembovu. It wasn't as though she was angry with her two leads, for whom she was well pleased. But nor did she want her Seer to merely be a door mat and doorway to speaking with her. The lead's were to lead, and it was Alune's responsibility - and his alone - to confer with her.

But, they were all here already, so...

"You do realize many have wings? That your spikes will not keep them all out? Glass, even strong glass, is still not impregnable. You of course know this? Strong heat, or enough force will break the barriers anyways. But if your minds are set on this ... First you must understand the extent of what it is you are asking me to do. And so, you shall partially help me do it. Begin digging a trench on the borders where you would like the spikes to go. There will be rocks, roots, and other obstacles to clear. Only when your backs ache and you realize the magnitude of the lands I have given you and the extent of the chore you ask of me, may you stop. There is also a particularly nasty bramble patch deep in the forest ... remove it. Finally, you must fully appreciate the glass that you would weild against your enemies. Have your crafters make glass targets and see what types of magic they are most defensible against, and which they are least. Finally, let your warriors feel the sting of the spikes in a battle .. that way you will know the pain of your enemy. "

1. There is no time limit - take as long as you want. The only way this quest will 'end' is if there is an invasion and you are no longer in control of the World's Edge
2. All of your 'ranked characters' (that is, everyone with rank magic) MUST POST TWICE. **NOTE** All of your ranked positions MUST BE FILLED. So 5 warriors, 3 healers, 2 crafters, etc.
3. 50% of your unranked members (so all those not included in 2) must post AT LEAST ONCE. There are 46 members of the WE as of this posting. Once your rank-magic ranks are filled (a total of 15), you will need to have 15 other members post. ([46-15]/2)

For your quest, you must
1. Start digging a trench for the spikes. There will be rocks and whatnot in your way you will have to deal with. You don't have to dig all the way around the Edge of course, this is more manual labour ;)
2. There is a large patch of brambles/a thicket in part of the forest. Go and clear it (you can burn it, poison it, etc. You won't be able to dig it out, unless you are able to dig from far away to get at the roots without being cut.) when you do this, tag Mythical Request
3. Have your crafters make some glass targets and practice magic on them! Find out which magic is weakest on glass and which is strongest (feel free to use Google to help with the physics of this ;) )
4. Have your warriors (at least 2) spar using glass spikes as weapons, so that you know the pain of what you're imposing on others.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS] - by Alune - 05-15-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Questionably Occult [SEASONAL SUMMONS] - by God of the Moon - 05-29-2016, 10:55 AM