the Rift

The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR

And you swear I'm hard to lay beside

I was new to the lands and by far one of many just like myself. I felt like a thread lost amongst the yarn; those of importance swallowing my significance because I had not yet earned my stars. In this moment, I felt inferior to the routine of things because no one had filled me in on the lifestyle of such a place. A warrior entailed strength and worth and I felt I inherited neither of these attributes. I knew they were things not easily accomplished, but I wanted to soar down this road instead of meandering, step by worthless step. I hadn’t seen Mirage since meeting her in the Threshold and I longed for her patient guidance now. There were so many things that I needed to do and so little time in which to do them. Around me, the world was so calm while inside my mind, thoughts raced and tore through my muddled cognition. I longed for some light in this dark place of need I now took refuge. I had always perceived myself as kind and self-righteous, but at times, I felt miserly and cold. Days like these made it hard to commit to such pleasantries due to the bitter taste still lingering on my tongue from disuse.

The wintry freeze did not help brighten such a dim mood on my behalf. My bones ached, my skin prickled, and my eyes seemed to be made of opaque glass. I felt as if I were unseeing, or better yet, unheard. Around me, the Edge was in full swing of Winter and I hated it. I hated the cold and how it made me feel. The frozen ground would not harbor my weight the way fertile soil would. I could only imagine the way it would feel when the spongy soil caked up and around my hooves, cradling my size like a mother would its child. Spring would also bring life to this massive carcass, hiding away the darkened part of me that I chose to conceal in the cheery light of sun. Now, all I felt was darkness, creeping into my body like a disease, forcing the good from my purpose and shedding the light for mere shadows.

Could I ever concede to these lands and commission myself for battle?

Messages In This Thread
The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Thor - 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Torasin - 10-18-2012, 04:10 AM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Thor - 10-22-2012, 12:06 AM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Torasin - 10-22-2012, 07:36 AM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Thor - 10-23-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Torasin - 10-30-2012, 10:51 AM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Thor - 10-30-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Torasin - 11-01-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Thor - 11-04-2012, 11:21 PM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Thor - 11-20-2012, 09:19 PM
RE: The Art Of War [OPEN, TORASIN] - by Torasin - 11-21-2012, 04:00 AM